Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 04-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: 747 F/O

You know how so many airlines in history have seemed to hire up until the day they furlough? I have no inside info, but it kind of feels like this could be in our future. Its a known management tactic and we are in the beginning of a massive fight. We lost some Etihad flying (the SJU/BOG/AMS/MXP run), and the air freight news is reporting a weakening air freight market. RAH did something similar to this back in the day. Again, I know nothing, but I wouldn't put it past this management team to mess with us in this terrible fashion. Anybody else think that their massive hiring isn't just for attrition/retirements, but for possible furlough fodder?
Old 04-18-2016, 07:45 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: FO FOREVER....

Did anyone have the Kalitta proposal ? ... rumor is increase of 55 % across the board . . . Hope that Atlas guys get something better than this...

Last edited by DJPILOT; 04-18-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: wording.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:48 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Originally Posted by CaptainHvac View Post
You know how so many airlines in history have seemed to hire up until the day they furlough? I have no inside info, but it kind of feels like this could be in our future.

I also have no inside info, but I believe this is absolutely one of the next few moves management will make. Make no mistake about it. The days will get much darker before we see light again, and this will be on the table. If I was just now getting on or recently got on, I would be very worried!
Old 04-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by portfo View Post
I also have no inside info, but I believe this is absolutely one of the next few moves management will make. Make no mistake about it. The days will get much darker before we see light again, and this will be on the table. If I was just now getting on or recently got on, I would be very worried!
So- you are saying any airline going through heated contract talks- are subject to furloughs? Like SWA & DAL presently are ??At the end of the day- pilots are needed to FLY the operation.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

DAL and SWA don't have the benefit of owning another airline they could shift work to. Atlas could easily furlough at Atlas and hire at Southern and/or Florida West. Between the two they've got 76, 77 and 74 on the certificates. Nobody is saying this will happen, just given their track record it seems like something they'd do to put pressure on the largest and highest paid of the three pilot groups during negotiations.

Last edited by plift; 04-19-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: 747 F/O

Originally Posted by boeingdvr View Post
So- you are saying any airline going through heated contract talks- are subject to furloughs? Like SWA & DAL presently are ??At the end of the day- pilots are needed to FLY the operation.
Yes, pilots are needed to fly and generate revenue and DAL, SWA understand this and want to keep the printing press going. They are companies that have proven by real action (DAL/NWA merger and subsequent huge contract(s), plus profit sharing, SWA being one of the highest if not the highest 737 operators in the USA, plus massive profit sharing over decades) that they understand the downfalls of ****ing off a pilot group. Im not saying these groups haven't fought for these things, because they have, but if you can't see how reckless Atlas management team is being, take another look at the facts. Atlas, and my old shop RAH, don't understand how or why they need to keep the money printing press going. They are garbage operators who DO NOT understand these simple business rules when DAL, SWA, FEDEX, UPS, AA etc... DO! RAH did have somewhat of a BS furlough after hiring a freaking ton and kind of re-wrote the book on how to mess with a pilot group (they employed F&H too). Im not saying Atlas will furlough, no. Im saying this sinking ship has no direction and I might be willing to bet "furlough to mess with us" sounds like a good idea to them.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Sitting at desk

Originally Posted by DJPILOT View Post
Did anyone have the Kalitta proposal ? ... rumor is increase of 55 % across the board . . . Hope that Atlas guys get something better than this...
Can you expand on what this means. Who proposed what to who and when?
Old 04-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Line Holder

Got this from a friend..... somebody from K4 posted some info for new hires candidates ....

Will be helpful if a K4 driver give some intel about this..

Old 04-19-2016, 02:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Completely fuzzy, can't read. Might just be me!
Old 04-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by NikeBuddy View Post
Completely fuzzy, can't read. Might just be me!

View image: Hghlights

View image: Capt pay and per diem

View image: FO pay