Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 07-03-2022, 03:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Bunch of older types in my 747 class. Oldest is 61, FYI.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion View Post
Thank you Elevation.
At my age I'll be surprised if they offer me anything but they did offer a phone screen so I'll go as far as they allow.
A lot of good info.

Best.
To add to everyone else's comments about age, you'll be brining some experience and a good chance that you'll stick around for a few years.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by MoraleSpeed View Post
Bunch of older types in my 747 class. Oldest is 61, FYI.
Over a decade ago we also had a 61 years of age in a class behind us. Great guy, phenomenal experience good and bad (Braniff time, Pan Am then TWA…) Still had an amazing attitude after the tumultuous timing he had. You can learn so much from folks who have really experienced the tough sides of life, especially thru the lean years.

*Age isn’t a concern here at Atlas and as Elevation indicated it brings longevity at times.

Last edited by C17B74; 07-03-2022 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2022, 02:24 PM
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by C17B74 View Post
Over a decade ago we also had a 61 years of age in a class behind us. Great guy, phenomenal experience good and bad (Braniff time, Pan Am then TWA…) Still had an amazing attitude after the tumultuous timing he had. You can learn so much from folks who have really experienced the tough sides of life, especially thru the lean years.

*Age isn’t a concern here at Atlas and as Elevation indicated it brings longevity at times.
Appreciate the words of encouragement all. At 60 I realize I probably won't get to the left seat but am actually okay with that. Coming from a whole different sector of the industry I'm sure there's loads of learning to be had from the other side before my time is complete. If anything there's probably some good stories to be had. Thank you..
Old 07-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Flightsoffusion View Post
Appreciate the words of encouragement all. At 60 I realize I probably won't get to the left seat but am actually okay with that. Coming from a whole different sector of the industry I'm sure there's loads of learning to be had from the other side before my time is complete. If anything there's probably some good stories to be had. Thank you..
This year I have flown with many who are 55-60ish who have no intentions to upgrade when eligible, even for a couple of years. They seem to be just enjoying the ride. More to life than than left seat, especially if you have planned accordingly. There is so much to get into while abroad (now that things have lightened up) or slam click your door, read books you have always wanted to read, catch-up on the sleep you never had, or just continue to try to find the end of the internet. Nothings perfect, but it’s what you make of it.

*In my early fifties myself and life is too short so like Han Solo told Chewbacca when flying amongst the empire fleet - “Keep your distance though, Chewie…but don't look like your tryin' to keep your distance. I don't knowfly casual.

**Flew with an early retirement due to CVD19 guy from Delta who absolutely is enjoying the globetrotting. He doesn’t need this obviously, but it’s a different world for him. Doubtful he has apps in elsewhere. (but I have been wrong before)
Old 07-03-2022, 07:52 PM
Pathological Flyer

This year I have flown with many who are 55-60ish who have no intentions to upgrade when eligible, even for a couple of years. They seem to be just enjoying the ride. More to life than than left seat, especially if you have planned accordingly. There is so much to get into while abroad (now that things have lightened up) or slam click your door, read books you have always wanted to read, catch-up on the sleep you never had, or just continue to try to find the end of the internet. Nothings perfect, but it’s what you make of it.

*In my early fifties myself and life is too short so like Han Solo told Chewbacca when flying amongst the empire fleet - “Keep your distance though, Chewie…but don't look like your tryin' to keep your distance. I don't knowfly casual.

**Flew with an early retirement due to CVD19 guy from Delta who absolutely is enjoying the globetrotting. He doesn’t need this obviously, but it’s a different world for him. Doubtful he has apps in elsewhere. (but I have been wrong before)
Enjoyed reading this. Thank you! Pretty much my sentiments. Kids are grown and gone and the wife would love some time to herself. To be able to just blast out of town for a few weeks and meander the skies with some good company would be very welcoming. Even offer free drum lessons after 45 years playing to anyone who's interested.

Blue skies..
Old 07-03-2022, 10:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Yup, you’re one of the same with the early retired Delta guy. He was an empty nester, his wife still works and he was so bored and poking his eyes out that he threw an application into Atlas and away he went. Enjoy it til you don’t which is a luxury. Some love it, some don’t. Hopefully it’s something that will suit you well.
Old 07-04-2022, 07:30 AM
Pathological Flyer

Yup, you’re one of the same with the early retired Delta guy. He was an empty nester, his wife still works and he was so bored and poking his eyes out that he threw an application into Atlas and away he went. Enjoy it til you don’t which is a luxury. Some love it, some don’t. Hopefully it’s something that will suit you well.
Thank you much. Impressive selection of metal you've flown. Safe 4th..
Old 07-06-2022, 08:18 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2022

Atlas now advertising Australian roadshows in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Wonder if we'll see a dedicated commuting option in the not to distant future...
Old 07-06-2022, 08:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: B747 FO

Originally Posted by rodrigues View Post
Atlas now advertising Australian roadshows in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Wonder if we'll see a dedicated commuting option in the not to distant future...
Highly doubt it. You have plenty of Atlas pilots living overseas fighting to get alternate travel if lucky, and otherwise jumpseating/using ZED fares.
Union would not allow any special treatment.