Search
Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
More Cowbell!!!

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Spreading the LUV from the "Write" seat!!!

Ok, just registered for job fair and booked my air fare. Anyone else going to job fair? I'm getting in friday afternoon and I'm up for getting some adult beverages....
Old 08-24-2012, 03:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
I think it is really just a handwriting/spelling/grammar test to see if you will be able to fill out the aircraft logbook correctly and clearly. Accurate answers would be a minor bonus IMHO. You may want to practice writing out a page or two of anything to analyze your own handwriting. An upbeat spin on it wouldn't hurt, either.

I figured it was a test to see if you could reasonably compose an ACARS message from the far side of the world that even Dispatch could understand.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Anyone know how much it will help to attend the job fair? I have an application submitted and an internal reccomendation so will the fair help? Money is tight so I want to ensure it will be beneficial.
Same here. I'll definitely be there if it helps my chances and is worth it. (I know it can't hurt.) I just don't want to waste $100 and a full day waiting in line if the end result is a just a quick "Hi". Atlas is the only company that I'm interested in that will be attending the fair so I just want to make sure it's a good investment.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Ex USAF, ex-ATA , currently Atlas Air 747 CA

Originally Posted by GVAV8TOR View Post
I think he was referring to the cargo that is carried on the aircraft. I've heard Atlas moves anything and everything from Formula 1 cars to someones personal Lamborghini, and probably even a few cases of rubber dog $hit out of of Hong Kong.

Indeed! We routinely carry the classy autos as well as ammunition, race horses, sheep, goats, airbus flaps, asparagus, flowers and that rush order Samsung tablet you ordered. You'll be amazed at some of the stuff you see when you first start making your cargo deck inspections.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: Wind checker

Originally Posted by GVAV8TOR View Post
Would all the people who have interviewed care to tell what their essay topic was. I understand it can be ANYTHING, and there is no way to really prepare for this, but I think it would be interesting to see some of the topics. Just a few of the topics Ive heard are: NOTAMs, PRM, ADS. Enquiring minds want to know.
Differences between Cat II and Cat III approaches
Old 08-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012

The job fair is currently $99 to attend. The admission price includes all of the seminars and the job fair. The price will increase to $129 starting August 29th. I encourage all to book your ticket now at the lower price. Aero Crew Solutions offer a 100% refund if you are unable to attend. I am a pilot too and know that non-reving or jumpseating doesn't always work out right.

Atlas Air will be making a company presentation starting at noon. They will be allotted 45 minutes to speak and answer any questions you have about the company. There will be two HR representatives that will make recommendations to the HR Manager (DB) on who would be a good interview candidate.

Remember that the attire for the job fair is business formal (suit and tie). The most important thing to have for the job fair is a great attitude. It makes all the difference with the recruiters. Do your homework on the company and come prepared.

As of today we only have 26 people who are interested in talking to Atlas. The lines should not be too long. You will have 5 hours to talk to the recruiters. If anybody has any questions please PM. Good luck.

Hotel Update

The Sheraton has extending the cutoff date for booking a hotel room under the group rate. It has been extended until August 31st. You can book a room directly through our website.

Last edited by AeroCrewSolut; 08-24-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Hotel Update
Old 08-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Cap'n

Originally Posted by AeroCrewSolut View Post
The job fair is currently $99 to attend. The admission price includes all of the seminars and the job fair. The price will increase to $129 starting August 29th. I encourage all to book your ticket now at the lower price. Aero Crew Solutions offer a 100% refund if you are unable to attend. I am a pilot too and know that non-reving or jumpseating doesn't always work out right.

Atlas Air will be making a company presentation starting at noon. They will be allotted 45 minutes to speak and answer any questions you have about the company. There will be two HR representatives that will make recommendations to the HR Manager (DB) on who would be a good interview candidate.

Remember that the attire for the job fair is business formal (suit and tie). The most important thing to have for the job fair is a great attitude. It makes all the difference with the recruiters. Do your homework on the company and come prepared.

As of today we only have 26 people who are interested in talking to Atlas. The lines should not be too long. You will have 5 hours to talk to the recruiters. If anybody has any questions please PM. Good luck.
Thanks for the info
Old 08-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by AeroCrewSolut View Post

+1 Yes, great info, thank you! Plan on attending myself....
Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Cap'n

Count me in too!
Old 08-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: CRJ900

I'll be there as well! Booking my spot now and I'm very excited to meet you guys and the people at Atlas.