Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: What day is it?

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
Because they way I read the contract, it doesn't require a back up flight. If we are going to sign something saying we need a back up flight thsn that is a concession in most eyes. Am I interpreting this rumor wrong? I'm not in the know or the union like you guys obviously are.
Nuff said. Where does it say, "open to individual interpretation?"

Why are you "interpreting rumors" in the first place? Rumors, absent fact are bs...and what's the point of having a contract if everyone "reads" it the way they want and makes their own rules and deals?
Old 06-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

I think you're responding to the wrong person. Have a drink, calm down, and take a breath before attacking anybody who posts on here.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:03 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by CandlerKid View Post
Because they way I read the contract, it doesn't require a back up flight. If we are going to sign something saying we need a back up flight thsn that is a concession in most eyes. Am I interpreting this rumor wrong? I'm not in the know or the union like you guys obviously are.
Suggest you read 6.A.6.f

If the Company cannot comply with subsection 6.A.6.a.(i). as a result of a labor dispute, weather or flight cancellations, or compliance would result in a Crewmember being illegal to perform a duty assignment, receiving less than twelve (12) hours of rest prior to an operating or deadhead segment or booked on the last flight of the day, the Company shall schedule Gateway Travel in accordance with the descending order provisions of subsection 6.A.6.a. unless one or more of the conditions referred to herein makes it impossible to do so. In such a case, the Company remains obligated to arrange for Gateway Travel in accordance with subsection 6.A.3.b.

Additionally, Gateway is voluntary. The company says they are buying the ticket, you need 10 hours of pre-duty rest, and they want you to get it - and they CAN dictate "which" flight you take. They do so often. They find the cheapest one they can - which may or may not be the one you want. What is the difference if it is NOT the last flight of the day?

Don't like it? - JUMPSEAT! That is always your right. The ExCo has told me they are negotiating some restrictions to the back up flight needed - but it is a discussion at this point, nothing else. When there is definitive information, you will know.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Ex USAF, ex-ATA , currently Atlas Air 747 CA

Message to anyone new to this forum searching for information pertaining to the hiring process at Atlas: We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties. Another thread has intruded into that conversation. Please stand by. While you wait, there is a wealth of valuable information on that subject a few pages back.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Holy crap a group of you are just going crazy attacking anybody on here. This is an online rumor board. People come here to discuss this stuff. Go police the union board like usual and leave this fun board for potential new hires and the rest of us with low blood pressure. Ok, we get it. You guys don't like people saying anything that wasn't carved in stone. At this point you guys are just making us all look bad to everybody. Rumors happen at every airline. Pilots love that crap. Get used to hearing them or it's going to be a looooong career. I tried to get this back on track once by suggesting we talk about hiring. Let's try again and move on from this stuff or take it to our own board.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by alohastyle22 View Post
What are the back up flight requirements? What's that all about?
The CBA says that if the gateway flight you want is the last flight of the day, and missing it would result in you getting less than your 10 hours of pre-duty rest, then they can require you to take an earlier flight, and use the last flight of the day as the back-up flight. The company has been playing games with this a bit and the union leadership is attempting to reign them in. The ExCo did negotiate that in this one case, the crewmember could reduce his or her pre-duty rest down to eight hours - but the travel weenies are still often trying to impose the earlier flight on us.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:22 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by C5nwhaleguy View Post
I'm guessing the 777MOU/LOA wouldn't be significant ...only to a few on the top as was described in the forum. That doesn't affect the whole pilot group...new training, pay differential, upgrades/transitions, bases who knows as we sure wouldn't. NO announcement yet but As the previous poster asked define significant....
Mike,
Did the 777MOU affect you in any way? Did it affect your pay? Fact is, it was the exact same thing as the 767 LOA (with the exception of 10 numbers 767 vs 777) which we all did vote on and passed. So what changed? Why the angst? It was an MOU that allowed the company to send a couple of instructors to school so they could do courseware development in case we ever do get 777s. Nothing more. I doubt it affected your pay, QOL, career expectations, even a bit. The sky is not falling.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA

Originally Posted by Whalefr8 View Post
Mike,
Did the 777MOU affect you in any way? Did it affect your pay? Fact is, it was the exact same thing as the 767 LOA (with the exception of 10 numbers 767 vs 777) which we all did vote on and passed. So what changed? Why the angst? It was an MOU that allowed the company to send a couple of instructors to school so they could do courseware development in case we ever do get 777s. Nothing more. I doubt it affected your pay, QOL, career expectations, even a bit. The sky is not falling.
Very nicely said, Whalefr8...

Better be careful around here...I might be accused of sucking up to you!!

Spike , Chester and Sylvester - YouTube

Sorry, Mike, couldn't resist...we're still good, right?!!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!

Originally Posted by Talon1011 View Post
Message to anyone new to this forum searching for information pertaining to the hiring process at Atlas: We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties. Another thread has intruded into that conversation. Please stand by. While you wait, there is a wealth of valuable information on that subject a few pages back.
LOL, we tried Talon but seems this can has been opened and has spilled all over the place.

Come on 744, help us get this thread back on track

I even started a new thread for you guys titled "The other Atlas thread" in the Charter section. Any takers? Please?
Old 06-28-2014, 03:11 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ch...as-thread.html

Here is a link for your convenience.