Am I going in the right direction?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to
I've also been thinking about maybe going to a 'real' college. But heck - I have forever to decide.
Think about majoring in something other than aviation when in college. You will then have "another" career to fall back on when the aviation industry becomes "frustrating". There are pilots who have bounced around to six carriers in their careers with little or no retirement plan in place when they hit age 60.

Best of luck to you young man. You sound like you have it all together.
Quote: Think about majoring in something other than aviation when in college. You will then have "another" career to fall back on when the aviation industry becomes "frustrating". There are pilots who have bounced around to six carriers in their careers with little or no retirement plan in place when they hit age 60.

I would definetly recommend majoring in ANYTHING, but aviation. The airlines won't care what you degree is in. They care only about experience and flight time.
Quote: Think about majoring in something other than aviation when in college. You will then have "another" career to fall back on when the aviation industry becomes "frustrating". There are pilots who have bounced around to six carriers in their careers with little or no retirement plan in place when they hit age 60.

Thanks Carl!

I have thought about getting a degree in something else but I'm interested in aviation more than anything else. Plus, I can get the degree at the same time and place I'm building hours and earning my ratings. I can't imagine doing anything else than flying. I definitely understand where you guys are coming from though...
1  2  3 
Page 3 of 3
Go to