best overseas layovers at FedEx and UPS?

Subscribe
the international flying over at the two big boy cargo carriers looks really interesting. Can some pilots from FedEx and UPS share some layover spots that are popular amongst the pilots in your group and why? Thanks!

PS: I hear Shanghai is awesome.
Paris...great food, great sites...
in Asia...Shanghai...lots of good eateries, bars, and of course "the" go-kart track!...HongKong...lots to do...Singapore...clean, lots of eats!
my .02
Z
Dammit!
how could I forget HK???!!!...yeah, that's a real nice one too...
Z
Dubai, UAE is very popular amongst UPS crews. High on the list would also be Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Honolulu.

My personal favorite is Cologne, Germany. Outstanding hotel, food, beer, shopping, and nightlife.
Quote: My personal favorite is Cologne, Germany. Outstanding hotel, food, beer, shopping, and nightlife.
Sounds like a story there

Auckland, Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Anchorage, and Bangkok are some of my favorites.

Layovers I can do without: Narita
Narita
Narita not so bad, great sleeping layover Food downtown is OK and if you don't mind staying up late the various clubing can be fun. As usual it depends on who's there and your temperment Penang is good, nice change and friendly people. TPE you can have, smeels bad
Quote: Narita not so bad, great sleeping layover Food downtown is OK and if you don't mind staying up late the various clubing can be fun.
Narita reminds me of the movie Groundhog Day...everyday is the same. It wasn't so bad the first 100 layovers or so, and your right, the Flyers Club, Cage, and Truck can be pretty fun with the right crew. I think my problem is I'm just burned out on Japan.

BTW, new club that has promise is the Jet Lag Club - it's on 'Green" street in Narita. Anyone else been?
thread bump
Is Canada "International"
My favorite place to see in YYC (Calgary) is Joey Tomatoes.
I have been there several times.
I try to tell people to imagine what Hooters would be like with Class and Great food.
That is what Joey Tomatoes is. Near the airport easy to find and WELL WORTH YOUR TIME.
Hot staff,super food, relaxing aptmosphere, Your American dollar
really goes the distance there.
Open for early or late dinner. Not sure about lunch