The highest paying CFI job you will ever find

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
This is overseas in the Middle East.. Plan on six figures. They will only take the highest qualified instructors. It's not for time builders.

http://i3-hsv.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-85253.html
Quote: This is overseas in the Middle East.. Plan on six figures. They will only take the highest qualified instructors. It's not for time builders.

Flight Instructor Pilot - Fixed Wing-SW Asia - Job Listing - Integration Innovation, Inc. Jobs
Sounds like a good gig for a career CFI with 1000 hours of PIC.

Since when is the Middle East referred to as SW Asia?
The idea of being a career flight instructor continues to be more and more tempting...
I always know my schedule, I am home everynight (sometimes later for night xcs but that happens any job), I get to fly, and there is less "drama" than at an airline.
Given that it says you'll be working the USAF, I think you can rule out the "normal" Middle East garden spots and move just a bit northeast. I've got an AF friend who spent a couple months in Iraq evaluating training aircraft to rebuild the Iraqi AF. Flying a 172 around with an AK on the back seat.
SWA...is standard military jargon for this region. I don't believe this position is where you might think, those jobs have pretty much stabalized. If you are not a former AF UPT instructor don't get your hopes too high. Average pilot is retired AF with 2500 hours dual given.

Cheers,
Tweet
Quote: Sounds like a good gig for a career CFI with 1000 hours of PIC.

Since when is the Middle East referred to as SW Asia?

Since it is geographically SW Asia and not all countries share the same culture as what we think "middle east" refers to.
six figures for instructing?! Thats insane! It would sure be a big change to move over there and live, but if the timing and person is right then why not?
This would be the only way I would stay a CFI. Tax free too!
Hi!

About a year ago or so I saw a Caravan instructor pilot job. Base pay $180K, salary negotiable. Based in Pakistan. Flying situation unspecified. Had to speak Farzi. They were having difficulties filling the slot. Preferred former military.

cliff
LFW
Quote: Tax free too!
Not quite...only the first 85K (approx) is tax free..and the way the tax code is written and applied it's not as much as you might think...for most of us it worked out as a tax savings of about 10-15K.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to