Be Careful Out There! - Graphic Warning

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
I'm sorry but that falls into the Darwin catagory. As Bugs Bunny said "What a maroon"!
Widest dissemination and all that you know. Just doing my duty.
Mods-
Pic in bad taste. Please delete.
Nice first post
Quote: Mods-
Kind of interesting. We had 2 separate incidents a couple weeks apart where a .50cal round exploded while one of our ammo guys was loading our acft (one in Kuwait and one in Iraq). Supposedly something hit the primer and caused the round to explode. There were no major injuries...certainly none like this, but those rounds are no joke.
Quote: Kind of interesting. We had 2 separate incidents a couple weeks apart where a .50cal round exploded while one of our ammo guys was loading our acft (one in Kuwait and one in Iraq). Supposedly something hit the primer and caused the round to explode. There were no major injuries...certainly none like this, but those rounds are no joke.
Unconfined small arms ammunition presents little hazard whether set off by impact or fire and usually the hazard is in the form of brass fragments from the case, but if confined the hazard goes up considerably.

The .50 BMG packs quite a punch in comparison to the other rounds in common use.
It is graphic for a reason. It made an impression on me and I will pay special attention to the mount having seen this.

If you don't like the discussion/pics then stay out of the military forum.
The picture is included in the message so as to make an impression on the target audience. It is relevant here.
Forgot where I was at....
Quote: The picture is included in the message so as to make an impression on the target audience. It is relevant here.
I didn't realize all you pilot types loaded your own birds. If this is useful info, then it's relevent here. If it's for mockery, well then, it's in poor taste.

Spc USAR
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to