Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Nomination for Low SA Award - 2nd Half 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by JethroFDX View Post
I hear we may have the option of wearing dark blue corduroy pants during the winter months.

Only if worn with the Parka and it has to be at least -30
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Ready for a nap

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: md11

I hear we may have the option of wearing dark blue corduroy pants during the winter months.

If you think the snoring is bad in the recliner rooms, then imagine 20 fat guys waddling up and down the aisles wearing corduroy pants. The sound will be deafening.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Low SA award.....self nomination circa 1992

One time when I was at Scott AFB, I saw my buddy Tim ( a 1LT) standing around outside a C-21 waiting for a VIP kicking the ramp absently while smoking a cig in his flightsuit.

Well, having not seen him in a while...same Sq....I was Tdy, I start walking up to him from a long way away. I yelled "Hey!!!!" quite loudly, and when I had his attention, flipped him a very aggressive, unmistakeable middle finger salute. He had very little reaction, which I thought odd.......

As I walked closer, I realized that despite a considerable resemblance from 100 yards away, this was in fact, not Tim. I figured I ought to apologize. More revealing was that as I got closer to the victim of my indiscretion, the silver LT's bar on the blue flight cap started morphing into a silver star as if by magic.

I walked right up to the BG, smartly saluted and said "Sorry General, I mistook you for someone else...". He looked at me obviously writhing in discomfort, and said with a grin spreading across his face..."Well Lt, I was wondering what I did to **** you off".

We chatted for a while, and I withdrew, hoping I had worn my TDY name-tag as it was a Friday. No such luck. The look on the School House Commander's face when I explained that nothing should come of it, but I thought he should know that I just flipped off a one-star General was priceless.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Laughing_Jakal View Post
Low SA award.....self nomination circa 1992

One time when I was at Scott AFB, I saw my buddy Tim ( a 1LT) standing around outside a C-21 waiting for a VIP kicking the ramp absently while smoking a cig in his flightsuit.

Well, having not seen him in a while...same Sq....I was Tdy, I start walking up to him from a long way away. I yelled "Hey!!!!" quite loudly, and when I had his attention, flipped him a very aggressive, unmistakeable middle finger salute. He had very little reaction, which I thought odd.......

As I walked closer, I realized that despite a considerable resemblance from 100 yards away, this was in fact, not Tim. I figured I ought to apologize. More revealing was that as I got closer to the victim of my indiscretion, the silver LT's bar on the blue flight cap started morphing into a silver star as if by magic.

I walked right up to the BG, smartly saluted and said "Sorry General, I mistook you for someone else...". He looked at me obviously writhing in discomfort, and said with a grin spreading across his face..."Well Lt, I was wondering what I did to **** you off".

We chatted for a while, and I withdrew, hoping I had worn my TDY name-tag as it was a Friday. No such luck. The look on the School House Commander's face when I explained that nothing should come of it, but I thought he should know that I just flipped off a one-star General was priceless.
You're a wise man LJ!

...because $h!t rolls down hill in the military and bad news doesn't get better with age, always lead turn the story to your boss.

But on the otherhand you could always: Deny, Deny, Deny!!!

Old 07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B767 Capt.

Originally Posted by v1 uh-oh View Post
If you think the snoring is bad in the recliner rooms, then imagine 20 fat guys waddling up and down the aisles wearing corduroy pants. The sound will be deafening.

Since 99.9% of us have crewed the 727 the noise shouldn't be a factor.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
...Whatever It Is!

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Since 99.9% of us have crewed the 727 the noise shouldn't be a factor.
I must be a .1%er!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 757 Capt

The simple response would be yes I know but I ripped them, blew out a heal, and this is all I had left clean would suffice.

And who knows where this guy was in his rest cycle, it's a whole lot easier to not snap a *** response when you aren't sleep deprived.