UAL 737 - Ramp Damage.... BIG TIME

Subscribe
Anyone see this? Extra points for photos!

Plane Knocked 90 Degrees From Parking Spot

A United Airlines 737 is heading to the body shop after a fender-bender involving a catering truck Thursday morning.

It happened on the ramp at Denver International Airport... where an Air Serv truck ran into the rear fuselage of the plane, as it was parked near the hangar overnight, according to United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski.

Evidently, it was quite a collision -- as Denver's KMGH-7 reports the impact knocked the plane 90-degrees from its parking spot.

That collision forced the delay of United Flight 112 from Denver to St. Louis... as the airline scrambled to come up with another aircraft.

Damage to the 737 is still being assessed... but we're guessing the plane will be out of commission for a little while. No word on the condition of the truck.

Rumor is that the impact turned the guppy 90 degrees!
Dang!! I'd hate to be the poor person that drove that Air Serv truck into that UA 737.

Did that just happen today?
Crash
I feel bad for the guy in the truck! He will probably be terminated. I got terminated as a ramp agent for making a very small hole in an 762 engine.
You know, you have to be moving pretty damn fast to move a 100,000 pound airplane that far. Accidents happen, equipment malfunctions, but there is a lot of stupidity on the ramp. Most companies have a number of procedures in place to prevent things like this (safety stops, marshalls, 3mph speed limits within a certain radius, etc) and in most cases these rules are broken for no good reason. Reading some of the reports of incidents at our stations I can't help but laugh, and wonder why they "retrain" the employees rather than just canning them.

Before bashing me, I work on the ramp.
Dark paint job, middle of night = accident. Accidents went up as soon as UAL painted their planes a dark color.
You can hit a plane and keep your job. But hitting one that hard.?? I would bet he was sent immediately for a pee-pee test though.
he will get hired by gate gourmet within one week.
Quote: he will get hired by gate gourmet within one week.
I agree, what are the odds of that happening again in his career as a ramp driver.
Isn't Air Serv an FBO? Can't imagine the explosion if that had been a refueling truck and ignited.