leaving for a union carpenter job

Subscribe
I think this could be it. I was offered a job as a union carpenter which includes good pay, annuity, health care, and pension. This is like a drug addiction though, I know that the pipe dream of reaching the gold with the airlines is a shot in the dark and if you do get there you will face a furlough and have to start all over however, I am offered p.t. work with the airline I am currently with so I wont be out of it for good. It just seems that this is the right thing to do for my family. No more sleeping out of a suitcase and eating road food. This is such a hard decision, but I know the right thing to do... Any suggestions?
Anyway to take a leave of absence at your airline? That way you'd have the option to return if you wanted too, a try before you buy with the new job.

Good luck
Congratulations on your opportunity!

I left the career about four months ago and haven't looked back. I think you'll likely enjoy the routine that a "normal" job offers, especially if you have a family.

Considering the current economic environment, it surprised me a bit that your prospective new career is in the construction trades. I'm sure you've considered your new trade's sensitivity to the economy. Perhaps it's no worse than working for an airline.

Best of luck. Make the decision that's right for you.
Good Luck
Best of luck to you !!

Skyhigh
where did the Amway....I mean "boiling frog" thread go?
Quote: where did the Amway....I mean "boiling frog" thread go?
I was thinking the same thing......maybe the thread got furloughed?
Get out. Stay out.