Lost Another one.

Subscribe
Last week a former employer of mine lost a plane. The chief pilot was on board with two trainees. I knew him. We both were new hires in training ten years ago at the same outfit. Over the years we kept in touch. Last spring we spoke of the possibility of me returning as a part timer. This is a risky business.

SKyHigh
Quote: Last week a former employer of mine lost a plane. The chief pilot was on board with two trainees. I knew him. We both were new hires in training ten years ago at the same outfit. Over the years we kept in touch. Last spring we spoke of the possibility of me returning as a part timer. This is a risky business.

SKyHigh
Truely sorry to hear of the loss, it is a sad day when we loose a brother or sister in flight.
Thanks
Thanks Man,

SkyHigh
Sorry for your loss Sky.

RIP
Thanks Man
Thanks surreal1221,

How's the training going? I'll bet that you have no trouble with the WX part.

SkyHigh
Quote: Last week a former employer of mine lost a plane. The chief pilot was on board with two trainees. I knew him. We both were new hires in training ten years ago at the same outfit. Over the years we kept in touch. Last spring we spoke of the possibility of me returning as a part timer. This is a risky business.

SKyHigh
Life can be a trife at times. My condolences Skyhigh!
Quote: Thanks surreal1221,

How's the training going? I'll bet that you have no trouble with the WX part.

SkyHigh
Training is going . . . a little slow this month, at least til the 15th. Dealing with work, and college stuff for the fall semester. After the 15th I'll be back in the sky flying at least one 2 hour lesson, and one one hour lesson a week until I'm finished.

The weather aspect. . . pfft. . . I just how to start thinking about it from a pilot's point of view as opposed to the meteorologist's point of view. I can forecast it, observe it, but now on the flip side I have to use the other portion of my brain to get it to all fit just right. Make sense? lol
Surreal, I love the site. The whole concept of it!
Sky:

Sometimes life seems so unfair! We lose good people who deserve in our mind, to have the best life has to offer - and others we would not miss seem to live forever. I have struggled with personal losses as well and wish you peace in coming to terms with your loss. Good friends are hard to come by these days and I consider you one of mine! I am truly sorry for your loss.
Quote: Surreal, I love the site. The whole concept of it!
Thanks. Leave comments, etc, whenever you wish. I've got a tough skin.