Anyone know of a CFI job with health Insur.

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Did anyone ever come across a CFI job that offered health insurance? I'm in the market (with thousands of others I'm sure) and was curious about this. I live in the northeast area and haven't heard of any yet. Thanks for the reply.
Quote: Did anyone ever come across a CFI job that offered health insurance? I'm in the market (with thousands of others I'm sure) and was curious about this. I live in the northeast area and haven't heard of any yet. Thanks for the reply.
They exist. I work for a 141 school in Texas, sometimes 50-hour weeks during busy times of the school year. The school considers us flight instructors part-time so we pay half of our monthly premium, about $190 for me.

Some friends of mine across town at a pt 61 school are full-timers- get full benefits, but usually not as many paid hours
1. This isnt part 91 chatter

2. I can get private insurance from Horizon (bluecrosS) in NJ, for $170 a month myself, I am 24 and healthy, so I am not sure why your paying so much coshared
Quote: 1. This isnt part 91 chatter

2. I can get private insurance from Horizon (bluecrosS) in NJ, for $170 a month myself, I am 24 and healthy, so I am not sure why your paying so much coshared
3. I work for a state school. Pants down as I grab my ankles. Good point though, but switching is such a paperwork hassle. Hoping to get out of there by year's end anyways
There is an opening at my flight school for a full time position. Salary, insurance, possibly for promotion to chief cfi. PM me or give me a call at work 603 298-6555.
Working for a university flight school always has good benefits - not just health insurance, but the ability to take free classes, students who tend to be a bit more motivated, and the academic environment.
Quote: Working for a university flight school always has good benefits - not just health insurance, but the ability to take free classes, students who tend to be a bit more motivated, and the academic environment.
the problem is these jobs are the most sought after. At least at the school I work for, the ones who've landed these jobs get comfortable and stay a long time (3-5 years).
Quote: I can get private insurance from Horizon (bluecrosS) in NJ, for $170 a month myself, I am 24 and healthy, so I am not sure why your paying so much coshared
Health insurance varies wildly from state to state for various reasons. Differing policy parameters (deductible, for example) will also change the premium.
Quote: Health insurance varies wildly from state to state for various reasons. Differing policy parameters (deductible, for example) will also change the premium.

Dude its NEW JERSEY, the only state that might be more is Cali
Quote: Dude its NEW JERSEY, the only state that might be more is Cali
I was paying $200/month in Colorado, and I'm 28 no health problems and a fairly high deductible. It went from $130/month just over a year ago to $170 to $200. It keeps getting worse.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to