Cargo to major

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
No kidding. When I was 16 years old, I wish I had this kind of forum to research airline jobs.

Good job.
Quote: Well, to answer your question, sure, if you go to FedEx or UPS and get experience there, you will be competitive to work at a "major". I consider FedEx and UPS "major" airlines but obviously you mean a passenger carrier. Having said that though, I would have to tell you that getting on with FedEx or UPS takes pretty much as much (if not more these days) experience, luck, networking, who you know, etc. etc. as getting on with a "major". Basically, going to FedEx or UPS as a substitute to a regional doesn't do you much good because if you can get on with FedEx or UPS, you are past the regional stage of the game. Am I making sense?
If I was at Fed Ex or UPS I would not be leaving!!
How many beers at The Jet Lag, you ask?,..two "big" Kirins will do.
i have 2 60 hr layovers in SFO this month...that sucks...seeing that i want to build time for a job at Delta!
Quote: i have 2 60 hr layovers in SFO this month...that sucks...seeing that i want to build time for a job at Delta!

Now are you building time or going to see a "special" friend in SFO?
Man...u must mean there r gays in SFO..that is original..did it take u all night to come up with that 1..har..har..u must be a new 11 cpt...now go back to insulting all the captains...and u owe me a dinner!
Quote: Now are you building time or going to see a "special" friend in SFO?

He's probably going to go down to the Castro district and brag about the 20 grand he made one month.

Mark, you get banned from FI?
nope...that board sucks...but i see u r following me around..good to see ya!
Quote: He's probably going to go down to the Castro district and brag about the 20 grand he made one month.

Mark, you get banned from FI?
He likes his men like he likes his airplanes small, foreign and feminine looking.
Quote:
I am simply a curious 16 year old, airline pilot wanna-be that is curious if starting in the right seat of a cargo jet could result in the cockpit of a major rather than the right seat of a regional. Thanks everyone!
ElBow,

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a degree in aviation. They are absolutely worthless and the airlines DO NOT care what your degree is in. Get your flight training at the local airport and work on a degree that will afford you great employment opportunities in the event of a furlough and/or something that you can use to earn extra income while on days off. Stay away from the aviation universities.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to