UPS Flight 6 Memorial

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to
Heard a cargo bird just went down in Dubai...anyone have any info?
Crash
One of my fellow DXB pilots called me within minutes of it happening. He said a plane had come low over his house shaking the place and then he heard an explosion/impact and then saw a big smoke plume.

Something bad has happened.

YF
DUBAI | Fri Sep 3, 2010 12:17pm EDT

DUBAI (Reuters) - A cargo plane crashed on a busy highway in Dubai on Friday, setting some cars on fire, Al Arabiya television reported.

Ambulances were rushing to the area, located near a residential district, the station added. It did not report the model of aircraft or its size. Officials could not immediately be reached for comment.
All I could find.
Dubai Plane Crash: Plane Down on Emirates Highway | NowPublic News Coverage
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — An American cargo plane attempting to land at Dubai's airport instead crashed on a busy highway Friday, setting some cars on fire and killing several people, Al Arabiya television reported.

Ambulances were rushing to the area, located near a residential district, the station added. It did not report the model of aircraft or its size. The dead were thought to be the cargo plane's crew.

A large section of the plane was visibly on fire before it crashed.

This report will be updated as information becomes available.
Quote: Heard a cargo bird just went down in Dubai...anyone have any info?

BBC News - Plane 'crashes on Dubai highway'

It came down on the highway.
Thoughts and prayers to all those involved....Hate this feeling...
It's a UPS 747-400 N571UP per PPRUNE. My hope is that they guys are ok
I can't pull up the local TV from my location ...

https://video.alarabiya.net/eaatv.html

Al Arabiya reported that the plane belonged to an unidentified U.S. company.
I heard it was a ups 747, saw it on the internet: Aircraft Crash In Dubai? — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 15
Go to