Delta Pilots Association

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502 
Page 2 of 959
Go to
Question:

Do you think the best way to solve the unity, and scope issues are to be 1) More divisive and 2) to either throw the regionals out of ALPA or create our own union which will not keep the regional airlines in line?
The regionals within ALPA KNOW they cannot go after our flying or they will lose and lose big time. They will lose our financial support and furthermore know that no attack on one of the mainline carriers PWA's/ CBA's within ALPA would be allowed.

Do you see a RJ pilot running for the top spot within ALPA? Wonder why?

Sure send the regionals packing thinking that they would not get their money from somewhere else. (ATA) Lets look at some unintended consequences first. Doing this would allow regional airlines to go after a mainline's flying or try to circumnavigate their flying and Section Ones all together, by signing deals with the alliances. Do not think it could happen, press to test.
Quote: Bad idea IMO. Keep your friends close and enemies closer. Despite some tangled representational interests were we to toss the feeders to their devices to get representation I think you would end up with a whole lot more pilots a lot more vocal about flying bigger aircraft with no Scope conflict of interests in doing so with their former ALPA brothers. Worse yet you might end up with ALPA as the final arbiter for a lot of RJ carriers going against your one off in-house. While perhaps pie in the sky I think the solution lies in working within ALPA at raising the wage and cost gap (in the RJ favor) to make eventual integration with their mainline partners feasible. While perhaps well meaning splitting ALPA plays directly into managements hands.
Those arguments have been made for years now and ALPA has only gotten more deaf. It's all about counting the cards now. Arguments are over.

Carl
I Ran... Not Walked My Card to The Mail Box............

Let Them Table This Membership Resolution.....

Delta Pilots Association
www.delta-pilots.org
This should at least be a wake up call to the palace guard in Herndon....When you have secretaries making more money than a 737 FO the priorities of the organization need to change. It seems to me that placing maximum emphasis on returning mainline wages and work rules to traditional levels is needed and I don't see it happening. And I agree with the post that ALPA is rapidly turning into an RJ union and one look at who produces the dues money should serve as a reminder to ALPA needs to "dance with the one that brought you".
Maybe we could get another thread going that would get comments from pilots that are part of a one-pilot group union? How well they like it, advantages vs. disadvantages, etc...? Who all are on their own: AA, SWA, UPS, __?
http://www.delta-pilots.org/

If they want credibility, they need to tell us who they are.

It looks like a perfectly honorable, above-board, by the book attempt at presenting the Delta pilots with a viable alternative to our current representation. The founders have no reason to hide. They are doing us all a badly needed service.

Remaining anonymous only creates suspicion and hesitation.
For this effort to succeed, a trusted leader is going to be required.
The Delta pilots aren't going to change unions based on a website.

I think we should support this organization. Choice is a good thing. Even if they fall short, it will serve notice to ALPA National that they need to address the serious conflict of interest in their structure and the bloated cost of running the operation in Herndon.

As it stands, the Delta pilots are not getting our money's worth out of our dues.
Quote: Question:

Do you think the best way to solve the unity, and scope issues are to be 1) More divisive and 2) to either throw the regionals out of ALPA or create our own union which will not keep the regional airlines in line?
The regionals within ALPA KNOW they cannot go after our flying or they will lose and lose big time. They will lose our financial support and furthermore know that no attack on one of the mainline carriers PWA's/ CBA's within ALPA would be allowed.

Do you see a RJ pilot running for the top spot within ALPA? Wonder why?

Sure send the regionals packing thinking that they would not get their money from somewhere else. (ATA) Lets look at some unintended consequences first. Doing this would allow regional airlines to go after a mainline's flying or try to circumnavigate their flying and Section Ones all together, by signing deals with the alliances. Do not think it could happen, press to test.
Excellent post, ACL. Spot on!
All very good points made by many ppl. I would should suggest watching what the candidates running for National say as well. Maybe the course will be changed, maybe it will not.

I just state, be careful about unintended consequences about actions that are not well thought out. Emotion can be a very dangerous thing.

Read my first post.
Quote: The same talk has been going on at United. You can't have the same union representing the pilots of the mainline and regionals, there interest are diometrically opposed. I think this will eventually be the demise of ALPA.
Quote: This ^^^^^^^^
What interests are diometrically opposed?

Better Pay?
Better Work Rules?
Safety?
Quote: What interests are diometrically opposed?

Better Pay?
Better Work Rules?
Safety?
Scope

You cant effectively protect mainline jobs while also working to expand the regionals. Conflict of interest and the only way to fix it is to get all flying done by 1 pilot list for the said major. Whipsaw must stop.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12  52  102  502 
Page 2 of 959
Go to