Delta Pilots Association

Subscribe
459  859  909  949  955  956  957  958  959 
Page 959 of 959
Go to
Quote: I wasn’t looking for a debate. I was asking a question and relaying a fact. When I see BS, I will throw the BS flag.
You weren't relaying facts at all. You were just smearing people. Like you've been doing since you got here with that idiotic screen name of yours to try and confuse people with our solid guy here named Check Essential.

Quote: When I was learning about debate the first rule was know the facts of the debate. Another rule was listen to the opposing argument, and when the response takes the form of a personal attack, you know that the debater has no basis in fact.
Your debate coach has a lot to learn. Facts stand on their own irrespective of you perceiving a personal attack. You asked how could a TA be achieved if it didn't meet the direction given by the MEC. The answer is that it's very easy to do...you have the negotiators just sign off on their own. They did it in C2012, and they did it again with this TA. Fact.

Quote: Ask your rep if the NYC CA rep was there when direction was given and when the TA was reported back to the MEC.
Yes, he was. He gave the speech personally to the MEC and admin's AFTER the TA was released. But even if your smear attempt was right, who cares. It doesn't make his statements less factual.

Quote: Bring some facts, Carl, and I will gladly stow the flag.
I might be a lurkaholic, and likely a chocaholic, but that’s the end of my personality profile dependencies.
Yeah right.

Carl
Quote: Let everyone know that in section 14 of the new TA. Besides the 15 days sick look back in 365 days. There is also the invasion of your privacy look back. This is retroactive day of signing. 24 days sick in 365 and 52 days sick in 3yr look back. Delta now will have access to all your medical and prescription and anything else records!!! Basically cart blanch to your private life. Vote NO!
I believe the latest ALPA Contrail (edit: sorry, it was Negotiators Notepad 15-04; guess the word "Con" is kind of stuck in my head for some reason!) that focuses on sick leave clarifies the extent of look-back. It's June 1, 2015. I bring this up because we need to use facts to defeat this TA. To me, this June 1 date is a safety vent so that guys won't go out in mass quantities on sick leave before the "new rules" become effective. And it's total B.S. to have a contract concession applied retroactively. Unbelievable! Since we were just delivered "the facts" overnight, anybody that called in sick in the last two weeks or so has unwittingly got a head start under a draconian contract provision. That is, if pilots ratify. One more reason to vote "no!"
Quote: Appreciate the sentiment...but stay on the sidelines until you're off probation.

Carl
Carl - Why not? I'd like to understand in case any new hires ask me. ALPA actively recruits associate members while on probation. And they will tell probationary pilots to lie low, not picket, etc. If enough active cards are put forth for a representation vote, I guess all the names become public. Could a probationary pilot be fired for supporting alternative representation? Wouldn't violate the RLA in egregious fashion? No disrespect to your advice, just wanting the reasons behind it.
Quote: Carl - Why not? I'd like to understand in case any new hires ask me. ALPA actively recruits associate members while on probation. And they will tell probationary pilots to lie low, not picket, etc. If enough active cards are put forth for a representation vote, I guess all the names become public. Could a probationary pilot be fired for supporting alternative representation? Wouldn't violate the RLA in egregious fashion? No disrespect to your advice, just wanting the reasons behind it.
I'm just overly sensitive and overly protective of our new hires I guess. You'll probably be OK, I'm just a big believer in the lowest possible profile til off probation.

Carl
Every day we've seen more examples why the company wanted NA15.

DALPA knew about them--every single one of them--and knew how they'd affect us. But "our" "union" pushed NA15 anyway. And lied to us every step of the way.

We just saw the JV grievance settlement, which completely wiped clean the past four years of the company's willful disregard of our scope. Like it never happened. That leverage is gone forever.

Enough is enough. It's time.
459  859  909  949  955  956  957  958  959 
Page 959 of 959
Go to