Seattle-Tacoma: No Incoming Flights

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: No, if they didn't add the third runway it wouldn't have happened. They put a 747-400 on the shortest (new) runway in poor braking conditions.
So does it not snow in China?
"so China Airlines flies from JFK to SEA?"

Quote: Don't worry, its empty. Nothing goes to China from the US except money. It was just a stop to pick up more money bags.
yeah.

United, Delta, Fedex and UPS operate several intra-Asian routes. Money flows this way too
Quote: "so China Airlines flies from JFK to SEA?"

yeah.

United, Delta, Fedex and UPS operate several intra-Asian routes. Money flows this way too

Its much more difficult to fill a plane heading to China than one coming back. Most cargo pilots agree that loads can be quite lopsided. Intra-asian routes....well, thats something I know nothing about.
Quote: Yeah, that't the problem when ATC gets dogmatic. I second the motion...a whale on the shortest runway in inclement weather? There's a Captain who should remember the wit and wisdom of Nancy Reagan..."Just say NO!"
Exactly. Thank you. I wish people would quit blaming everyone else and accept a little responsibility. As I've written before, this isn't the chicken or egg debate. They are here because of and for us.
Quote: Its much more difficult to fill a plane heading to China than one coming back. Most cargo pilots agree that loads can be quite lopsided. Intra-asian routes....well, thats something I know nothing about.
United has flown Intra -Asian routs since 1986. We even Had Intra-Asian (ONLY) flight attendants at one point. I know some guys who Married some of them..
Quote: ************************************************** *******
United has flown Intra -Asian routs since 1986. We even Had Intra-Asian (ONLY) flight attendants at one point. I know some guys who Married some of them..

I'm talking Cargo.
shfo,

Quote:
No, if they didn't add the third runway it wouldn't have happened. They put a 747-400 on the shortest (new) runway in poor braking conditions.
Concur, I meant it somewhat tongue in cheek. That said, glad all it resulted in was a short ground stop and that they were able to taxi in on their own (from what I heard).
Quote: I'm talking Cargo.
I have flown lots of inter asian cargo, it is usually very light when travelling towards the low cost labor centers. And very heavy, maxed out heading towards the capital intensive countries. Japan is a consumer market to some extent, but does ship a little bit to China, Thailand, Philippines etc....... westbound from the US is usually very light......Dynasty was most likely landing at a very light weight probably about 500,000 lbs unless their marketing in JFK had been really lucky.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to