USAir Jet Lands After Dog Bites Two

Subscribe
I hate little dogs that go yapping and biting. Give me a Neapolitan Mastiff anytime!

Quote:
From Associated Press:

PITTSBURGH — A US Airways flight headed to Phoenix made an emergency landing in Pittsburgh after a dog on board bit a passenger and a flight attendant.

US Airways spokesman Todd Lehmacher says the flight left Newark, N.J., on Monday morning. Lehmacher says a passenger carrying a dog let the animal out of its carrier and it bit the two.

The severity of the bites was not known. Lehmacher says the pilot decided to land in Pittsburgh to make sure everyone was OK.

Lehmacher says the airline hoped to get the passengers to Phoenix as soon as possible.

Lehmacher says US Airways allows passengers to carry certain pets if they are secured in approved carriers and kept under their seats.
Talk about the good ol days of airline flying. You think a Captain... in the 'good ol days'.... would have diverted a plane for an emergency landing after a little yip yip dog so small that it fits under the seat "bites" someone? Give me a break. They'll divert a plane for anything these days. Flying the airlines sucks for everyone. Nobody likes it.

Cue all the horror stories how even a tiny dog can cause rabies and infections and disrupt the entire cabin and put everyone in danger... then the lawyers and all that. How sad what it all has become.
It all comes down to the lawyers in situations like this...
Yea... you're right. It definitely has more to do with lawyers than anything else. I was just thinking how angry I would have been to be a passenger on that flight. Where does it end? I can foresee a plane diverting because a passenger sneezes more than once.
Right! Blame the lawyers and not the dipsh!t who let the dog out of the pet carrier! Please.
Quote: Right! Blame the lawyers and not the dipsh!t who let the dog out of the pet carrier! Please.
If a passenger is bit by a dog running around an airplane cabin, the airline will get sued... not the dipsh!t who let the dog out. The dipsh!t who let the dog out does not have the proper insurance. But the airline does. And the airline will be sued. And yes, this is thanks to the lawyers. So yes, we will blame them.

Your perfect world doesn't exist. Get over it.
I was in the air and heard the conversation between the pilot and Cleveland center. The flight att had a bite and was ok for the most part but the passenger ha a 1" bite and was bleeding quite bad.
In my opinion the pax responsible schould be sent a bill for the diversion.

Ally
The pet's owner is an idiot, no doubt.
Catering gone bad?

Oh, it was USAir.

Never mind.