Mod Request: New Section

Subscribe
I'd like to request the moderators create a new topic/categorey, likely called "Security". This would be an area for posts related to airport security measures, in-flight threats, personal defense, TSA, terrorism etc.

As a number of recent topics indicate, TSA and DHS related issues are a growing topic of discussion, and won't be going away anytime soon. Their rules change frequently, and affect all pilots significantly.

This proposed new topic is definitely distinct from "Safety" & "Aviation Law" which seem to be the closest matches at the moment.

What do you think? do we have enough material to warrant a dedicated "Security" category?
Not a good idea on a public forum and a pilot just got busted for rattling the TSA 's cage.
Really!?
DYNASTY_HVY wrote

Quote:
Not a good idea on a public forum and a pilot just got busted for rattling the TSA 's cage.
Are you seriously suggesting we don't have an area to even discuss TSA actions, because they're vindictive *******s?

If so, by frightening us into silence, the TSA has already won.
As a moderator, I don't want to have a bunch of thugs banging on my door to haul me to jail for questioning about some security issue on this website.

No thanks.
As long as our Nation has such serious enemies on the loose as we do since 9/11, it is a royally bad idea to host free-ranging discussions on the protocol of how we secure our nation's airports from attacks.
Quote: DYNASTY_HVY wrote

Are you seriously suggesting we don't have an area to even discuss TSA actions, because they're vindictive *******s?

If so, by frightening us into silence, the TSA has already won.
I think the point is that there are already ample channels to send and receive security related messages that are not viewable by the public.