Good career move or bad?

Subscribe
deleted.....
Quote: I'm sitting here trying to decide if make a career move is a good idea and I can't decide. Stay at large regional where I have good senority but not happy and wait on (insert major) to start hiring or take chief pilot job with small company that only has 60 pilots or so but has been in business for 25 years or so

Do what you think is best, that is all you can do.
If you already have 1000 hours turbine PIC part 121, I would take the Chief Pilot job, especially if you are looking to go to a major. It checks another box, gives you some diversity, and gets you out of your current rut.
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/co...te-flying.html

You might like this one above... diverse opinions.
Quote: If you already have 1000 hours turbine PIC part 121, I would take the Chief Pilot job, especially if you are looking to go to a major. It checks another box, gives you some diversity, and gets you out of your current rut.

2nd this.. Taking the Chief Pilot gig shows a future major airline employer that you have the leadership/managerial skills in-addition to the flying minimums. As long as the pay is not a huge cut and the company you'd be going to is strong, I say go for it.
I agree with the others that the Chief Pilot gig would add another attractive dimension to your resume. But here's something else to consider. If you have good seniority with a large regional, then the kind of flying you're doing now (and not happy with) is pretty much the same kind of flying you're likely to be doing for quite a few years at (insert major)... and at less pay for a while. Just a thought.
Quote: I'm sitting here trying to decide if make a career move is a good idea and I can't decide. Stay at large regional where I have good senority but not happy and wait on (insert major) to start hiring or take chief pilot job with small company that only has 60 pilots or so but has been in business for 25 years or so
Recommend take basic English course before proceed forward. Recommend especially if going to be chief pilot. I'm sitting here trying to decide how to be chief pilot if unable to write full sentences.
Quote: Recommend take basic English course before proceed forward. Recommend especially if going to be chief pilot. I'm sitting here trying to decide how to be chief pilot if unable to write full sentences.
I thought it was from a Chinese menu.