Fed Ex Corporate

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Does anyone have any info on the lear 45's at Fed Ex Corp?
Quote: Does anyone have any info on the lear 45's at Fed Ex Corp?
Such as?

Are you looking for a corporate gig or do you want to know how much fuel they carry?
They are getting rid of all the Lear's and going to all Challenger's...that's what I was told.

Quote: Does anyone have any info on the lear 45's at Fed Ex Corp?
Anyone know how you apply for that gig?
Quote: Anyone know how you apply for that gig?
Yes: You send 'em a resume.
They'll tell you it doesn't matter, but it sure doesn't hurt if you have a LR45 type rating.
It'll be a while before the Lears are gone. The bean counters love 'em, the mechanics hate 'em. The latest 'official' rumor is the Challenger 601s and Lears will all be replaced by Challenger 300s. That won't happen overnight.
The Global Express stays, and they may add another, or a Global 5000.
FWIW, 'the plan' changes regularly at Corporate too.
They just built a new hangar adjacent to the "new hangar"; keep in mind there is no ties between flying at the Corporate department and getting automatic slot to the "line haul" anymore .................... not sure if the same situation for the professional instructors (?) If your main goal is to get to the "line haul" then focus on that aspect of getting hired at FedEx, the Corporate flying job was a great place to be when I was there and it has more than quadrupled in size ever since .......................... nice equipment and great bunch of folks to work with, I thoroughly enjoyed it over there ! The retirement is without question and hesitation, much better on the "line haul" but you are going to pay for it with pounds of flesh and you will look much "older" at the end of the ride due to the insane schedules flown on the "line haul".
You have to meet the qualifications for the mainline also.

Trust me, I just spoke with them trying to get a friend hired there because he didn't meet our requirements. Straight from their CP.
Are there pilots on the corporate side that has no desire to go to the line side?

(I vote that this thread be moved to the Corporate forum)
Quote: Are there pilots on the corporate side that has no desire to go to the line side?

(I vote that this thread be moved to the Corporate forum)
Yes. Quite a few have no intentions to leave.
Quote: Such as?

Are you looking for a corporate gig or do you want to know how much fuel they carry?

so funny.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to