Need Help from Q400 pilots (Chart Bags)

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey guys , I'm still in ground school to fly Q400 for colgan and I need some advise before buying my flight case. My ground intructor is a saab guy and he doesnt know up to what size will fit on the Q400. Thanks for the help...
just about anything minus a suitcase will fit
thanks for the info.
yup, tons of room, not like the CRJ. There is a whole space on the floor between the fwd console (where the fwd outflow valve is) and the circuit breaker panel.
Quote: Hey guys , I'm still in ground school to fly Q400 for colgan and I need some advise before buying my flight case. My ground intructor is a saab guy and he doesnt know up to what size will fit on the Q400. Thanks for the help...
The company (M&H) that you get your uniforms from sells bags. Those fit in the Saab and the Q. I've flown both with the bag I bought and its lasted 3 years with no problem. Good leather bag.
scott, the big coyoteworks, and i bet even a rollerboard would fit standing up haha lots of room
I use the "regional" flight case from crewgear.com. It fits great in the Q with a bit of room to spare, and holds everything I need perfectly.
I would buy a cheap one. Pinnacle is going to the ipad fleet wide around june
Thank you guys for the info, seems like a lot of room them... A captain from Mesaba told me that they were going to start the Ipad soon...
Quote: Thank you guys for the info, seems like a lot of room them... A captain from Mesaba told me that they were going to start the Ipad soon...
That rumor has been going around for awhile...While I would like to see it, I just don't think it's practical, unless they can make some kind of docking/charging mount...nothing like having to do an emergency checklist/CAT II approach with Ipad battery about to crap out...but then again I'm sure they would put bricks and backups in all the planes as well, how accessible they are is what truly matters...
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to