Are there any adventures left?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
The Wright brothers, Charles Lindbergh, Chuck Yeager, Uri Gagarin, Niel Armstrong.... their names mean something to us.

I am a romantic. I still dream of seeing something .... wondrous.

Are there any milestones left? Any great achievements? if so, what?

And will we live to see it?
How does taking an unpowered aircraft to 90,000 ft. sound?

http://www.perlanproject.com/

Seems like an adventure to me!
Quote: The Wright brothers, Charles Lindbergh, Chuck Yeager, Uri Gagarin, Niel Armstrong.... their names mean something to us.

I am a romantic. I still dream of seeing something .... wondrous.

Are there any milestones left? Any great achievements? if so, what?

And will we live to see it?
Would a trip to Mars work ?

Fred
achieving warp speed
Quote: achieving warp speed
Ludicrous speed would be more impressive.
Quote: Ludicrous speed would be more impressive.
They've gone to plaid!
Quote: Ludicrous speed would be more impressive.
Remember, to stop, you have to slow down first.
I saw this article recently and thought that Bob Gannon is quite the adventurer. He flew around the globe twice, even landing in Iraq and Antarctica, in a single engine piston.

AOPA Online: Bob Gannon’s excellent adventure

I think one of the differences between today and yesteryear is that aviation is so much more accessible today to the general populace that a new record doesn´t quite make big news. Someone circumnavigating the globe or crossing the ocean is a bit more normalized. It kind of lost it´s romanticism with a lot of people. I mean, what is the pilot´s name who flew the first hybrid powered airplane? i dont know. Who is the first pilot to shoot a GPS approach? It just doesn´t have the same appeal as ¨the first guy to cross the English Channel¨. Space Shuttle launches hardly made the news. oh well
I say a manned trip to Mars will be the next major milestone. Unfortunately due to politics, I very positive that I won't see it in my lifetime, and I'm 28.
Getting a SWA guy to admit that they taxi to fast, blow off ATC instructions and cause near misses on the ground if it will get them to the gate 20 seconds sooner.

That'd be quite a milestone.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to