EADS won't appeal tanker award to Boeing

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to
Our decade-long battle for a new tanker is finally over!

EADS won't appeal $35B Air Force tanker decision - Yahoo! News
Yes, finally good news.
Any rumors where the first 18 will go?
I thought they already determined the bases. I think the first were ANG/Reserve.
No, they'll end up at Langley or Eglin
Thank God. Its about time the US STOPPED buying military equipment from overseas sources.
Well it is good news its finally over, but Boeing could have saved us all alot of time in 2002 if they would have just bribed the right folks back then. If you're trying to screw the taxpayers out of $11 Billion, you gotta figure on a little more "walking around" money up front. As it was they tried to get off cheap... That mistake cost the USAF 10 years at least. Who knows how much it cost Boeing this time around...
One thing we can take away from this bidding process is that even though you play by the rules, build a better aircraft and win the contract you can still lose when the other company whines and complains like a big baby.
Oinkflyer, please explain why Airbus A330 was better and was what the Air Force needed?

For everyone reading, this isn't about A versus B. I'm going to let him respond to make a point.
The rumor I heard is Boeing is already behind the timeline and that it is over weight and budget. Just a rumor though
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 5
Go to