Letter from IPA President to all UPS FQS

Subscribe
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 13 of 23
Go to
Quote:
Usually. That said, what's next Oh Wise One in your opinion.
A lot of teeth gnashing and threats and finally grudging acceptance of reality that "Revenge is a dish best served very cold" (lol)
Quote: A lot of teeth gnashing and threats and finally grudging acceptance of reality that "Revenge is a dish best served very cold" (lol)
Interesting that you word it that way. Are you retired or still employed as an FQS?

If this is true, I am glad. I have joined an ever increasing minority that wanted to see this happen.
Retired. Thankfully
Well, if it is true, I think there are about 106 folks that will have about a year added to their unpaid vacation. Congrats to everyone else though.
Buck...

Not necessarily...if the FQS force has to fly by the contractual rules, I'm not so sure they still might need to start recalling soon. In any case, with IPA protection, it will be much easier to tell scheduling "Hell no, I'm too tired to go to the west coast tonite!"

We'll see...

Pilot7576
Just saw this on the front page of the Courier-Journal's website...

UPS union seeks to organize fill-in pilots | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com
Quote: Well, if it is true, I think there are about 106 folks that will have about a year added to their unpaid vacation. Congrats to everyone else though.
Buck, I understand your frustration, but your career here will be MUCH better in the long run if we get this FQS situation corrected now. As it stands, there is nothing to keep the company from hiring more FQS's instead of recalling our furloughed folks.

This MUST be taken care of here and now.

JMHO
It may be time to start a new thread. I think we just won.
Hey Buck,

150 FQS do the work of 200 IPA pilots, or something close to that ratio. When the FQS become IPA the overall need for IPA pilots increases. Hence the recall will be accelerated.
Quote: A lot of teeth gnashing and threats and finally grudging acceptance of reality that "Revenge is a dish best served very cold" (lol)
Well, looks like your source and info was right on. Feel free to post any further info
3  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 13 of 23
Go to