DUI Trouble

Subscribe
Received DUI 3 years ago, state of CA dropped the DUI charge and upheld the operation of a motor vehicle with a B.A.C. > .08%. FAA was notified by attorney, never received any response from the FAA. Just took a first class medical test (first medical since), disclosed the DUI again on the form, doctor said nothing and issued a 1st class no limitations. My license was suspended, then upon going to get it back at the DMV they said all action had been set aside and I didn't even have to a pay a fee. Am I going to be hearing from the FAA saying they are suspending my medical? If so, why are they taking action now and not when I first notified them? Im well aware of my idiot action so please, only relevant information. Thank you.
If the AME issued you your medical without saying anything else I think you should be fine. The way I understand it is if you blew above a .15 or refused the test then he cannot approve a medical and it would have had to be sent to Oklahoma City for further review.
Concerning your pilot license, you certainly should have received a response from the FAA when your attorney disclosed the infraction. I would not have left that in the hands of my attorney. The fact that you didn't receive a response is reason for some concern. Are you sure the right people were properly notified?

Concerning your medical, your AME can issue your certificate with a single DUI in which you performed the BAC test and the results were below .15, as citation35hf pointed out.
Contacted the attorney's office today telling them I needed verification of the DUI papers submitted to the FAA (waiting for a call back). Attorney who handled my case is long gone, I have no verification that the attorney submitted the papers. It’s a large law firm in CA, I had to sign a paper stating that I waived my right to represent myself or take action on my case in any manner. The only reason I got an attorney was because of the FAA, 8.5k in the hole. After informing them about my being a pilot and them stating that they would take care of all issues from DMV-FAA I assumed the attorney had a fiduciary responsibility...looks like more attorney fees for me.
A quick search and I found this(Should be the right form but double check). I believe the FAA would need to contact you just stating something to the fact they received the letter and their intended actions against you.

Frequently Asked Questions