Fedex extra life insurance charges

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
That's explains why my tax burden went up $150 per paycheck. It's called the price of getting older-- I hit another major tollbooth this year . Who sez this board ain't accurate and informative.
Quote: Can we get a waiver?
I thought employees represented by a union were exempted?
Quote: Imposed health care tax will start in 2018.

'Cadillac' Insurance Plans Explained - Kaiser Health News

In the Democrats' reconciliation bill - actually an amendment to the Senate-passed health bill - a high-cost health plan is defined as costing more than $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for a family, including worker and employer contributions to flexible spending or health savings accounts. The cost does not include stand-alone vision or dental benefits. The tax would not be imposed until 2018, giving health plans more time to benefit from possible cost savings from other reform measures. Employers with a preponderance of older or female workers who have higher-than-average health costs would receive a break in the form of higher thresholds.

Shhhhhhhh, we dont want to give ALPA and Fred an excuse to extend the "bridge" to 2019.
Quote: I'm still trying to figure out how [for me] it went from ~$170 once a month as Excess Life last year to ~$160 Each paycheck for IMPINCLIFE now. That's a big overnight accounting shift for the same line item don't you think?
Just to update - the PBB covers it entirely. First $50k is tax-free and all add'l up to the contracted amount of $800K is taxable - so for a 40 yr old you get taxed on the value of $75/month if you take the default standard $800k coverage.

45 yr old $112/mo
50 yr old $172/mo
55 yr old $397/mo

and so on
Yeah, gotta hate the cost of getting older. Thought the first of the year increase was strange with my birthday being in the fall, but the fine print says rates are effective at the beginning of the year you hit the new age gate.

"and so on" must be real expensive for some folks
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to