The "NEW UAL" Pass Travel Bulletin

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to
Quote: Don't you just love how the 6-month wait for new employees survived from the CAL side. I won't doubt for a second that new employees will also have to wait the old CAL 6 months to get health insurance, 401k, etc.

I agree about the health insurance thing. It is a joke and morally offensive.

However, the 6-month wait does NOT apply to the 401(k) and defined contribution plans here.
What amazes me is the extent they, (mgt.) go to to save a few cents, and draw up this elaborate scheme for pass travel.....and yet pay full retail for fuel.
So, how much more is it going to cost to go round trip, Chicago-London, business class? I think it's currently about $350 (high departure fee's out of LHR).
I sure hope the no health benefits for six months doesn't carry over, it's tough with little kids that goto the doctor every month or so.
Quote: I sure hope the no health benefits for six months doesn't carry over, it's tough with little kids that goto the doctor every month or so.
+1
Spoke with guys who just decided to just 'roll the dice' and 'go w/o' since they were single....Then you'd run across those who had to "scrape-beg-borrow-steal" just to make ends meet on first year pay to meet the high price of 3rd Party coverage during that 6 month window so that their wife/kids would be covered during that wait....Pathetic.

NO Part 121 (needless to say a Major) pilot needs to put in that position.....EVER.
Quote: I agree about the health insurance thing. It is a joke and morally offensive.
Now just apply this nationwide to businesses large and small that drop employees to just below the threshhold of full-time status in order to deny them benefits.

The costs to those who actually have it continue to skyrocket due to health care companies' exemption from competition, and normal health care for 50 million folks is walking into an emergency room.

These are not hidden costs. We are billed for it every month in our premium payment.
It says it eliminates the super priority for retirees, but it does not say how active employees and retirees stack up.

I'd assume it is just based on seniority. So a retiree with 25 years of service would go ahead of an active employee with 20 years of service, while an active employee with 30 years of seniority would go ahead of a retiree with 25 years of seniority. Or is it by DOH? Or did they put active employees ahead of all retirees? I really hope the last option is not the case!!
I just got back from mil duty. Is anyone else having trouble logging into skynet? Is United no longer using skynet? What is this flying together website?
Quote: Now just apply this nationwide to businesses large and small that drop employees to just below the threshhold of full-time status in order to deny them benefits.
That is one thing I will give KUDOS to CAL for. At least they offer health benefits even to part-time employees.
Quote: It says it eliminates the super priority for retirees, but it does not say how active employees and retirees stack up.

I'd assume it is just based on seniority. So a retiree with 25 years of service would go ahead of an active employee with 20 years of service, while an active employee with 30 years of seniority would go ahead of a retiree with 25 years of seniority. Or is it by DOH? Or did they put active employees ahead of all retirees? I really hope the last option is not the case!!
It doesn't eliminate super seniority for retirees. There is no such thing as far as I know. It eliminates super-seniority for management. Now a manager/supervisor is the same as a regular employee.

Read the bulletin plus the Q&A on the flying together website and all will be revealed to you.
It does eliminate the super seniority retirees. Unless the retiree is on a vacation pass, they will go below active employees.
1  2  3  4 
Page 3 of 4
Go to