Martinaire

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Did a search that didnt turn up much. Anyone know anything about Martinaire? I put in my resume all three ways I could find to do it. What does it take to be competitive at places like this and ameriflight?
I was talking to one of their pilots a couple weeks ago in an FBO and he spoke like they needed people bad and were taking 135 IFR mins and a pulse.

All 208 Caravan cargo flying.
Go to the website and directly email the Chief Pilot, Mike Bates.
Quote: Go to the website and directly email the Chief Pilot, Mike Bates.
Did that on Monday.
I flew into RDU and parked next to Martinaire in 2007-2008 on the UPS ramp. According to the pilot they were a decent company and had quite a few pilots that stuck around. I was flying the Caravan also for another operator and their Caravans looked a little beat to me. I remember on 2 occasions the pilot arguing with dispatch about her go/no go decision and that raised a red flag for me. Maybe things have changed some. The minimums last time I looked were the 1200 total Part 135 IFR mins. Martinaire also paid about 25k at that point and no per diem unless out of base during a rest period when most Caravan operators were giving 28 to 30k plus per diem block out to block in. Overall probably a good place to build turbine PIC time and fly a great aircraft. The van is a blast when you keep it out of the ice. Like I said though I did not work for them so these are just an outside perspective based on talking to several Martinaire pilots. Also check out Mountain Air Cargo. I have tried to get a job there repeatedly as they are a great place to work with top notch training and equipment. Good luck! Flying freight is a great experience and will solidify your instrument skills.
So its been almost two weeks sent I sent my resume to Martinaire. I would like to call and check on their hiring status, but cant find a phone number. I put in my resume through Climbto350, e-mailed it directly to the chief pilot, and did their online application process. I would assume that with no call back, they either hired everyone they needed, or they just donot like my resume. Any sugestions?
suggestion -->>> wait a few more weeks....CP's are busy fokes and I would assume his/her stack of resumes is tall....
So they have reposted the job. Does this mean that they have gone through all of their applications and didnt like what they saw, or are they just reposting to get more numbers? I have a great interest in working for this company. I am trying not to be too worried about it, because it took Key Lime air almost 2 months to give me a call, but I like the bases they have listed as open for Martinaire, and dont wanna miss out.
Hey i am just a soon to be private pilot that will be a senior next year any way i was interested in martinaire to so if you could let me know what you found out that would be great.

Thanks Andy Wilson
Anything new on Martinaire?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to