Small Beech Crash Near Opa-Locka

Subscribe
From Miami Herald:

A pilot headed for the Bahamas did not make it past a few feet away from the airport after he lost control of the airplane Monday morning, plowing into a metal fence, a white van and a car before the plane finally struck a house and exploded into flames.

The two-engine cargo plane crashed at about 8 a.m. into a house in the area of 157th Street and Northwest 37th Court less than a minute after launching from the Opa-locka Airport.

The family inside the home evacuated safely before the crash.

Read more: One dead after plane crash near Opa-locka Airport - Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com
Sad to lose a pilot and Twin Beech but I'd really like to know how the family knew to evacute the house before the crash.
Quote: Sad to lose a pilot and Twin Beech but I'd really like to know how the family knew to evacute the house before the crash.
They had fortunately gone to a fortune teller the night before.
Second Twin Beech crash in a year.
This is the second Beech 18 to crash in S. FL in a year. The previous mishap was an aircraft operating out of KFXE.

Knew of the pilot who passed away today. Never got a chance to meet face to face. He was a former USAF pilot with lots of radial engine experience.

Tailwinds Harry
Watched this happen right in front of me. Heard one of the engines backfiring before I saw it bank to the left. I didn't see the impact because I lost sight behind a building. It's crazy when something like that happens in front of you though. Be safe out there.