Air Canada

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I'm a part 121 pilot here in the United States and just completed my conversion for my TC ATPL. Any thoughts about working for Air Canada? Are they still hiring and if so what does the future look like for the airline and its employee's?

Any current Air Canada employee's out there?

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quote: I'm a part 121 pilot here in the United States and just completed my conversion for my TC ATPL. Any thoughts about working for Air Canada? Are they still hiring and if so what does the future look like for the airline and its employee's?

Thanks

You'd be better off to ask this question at:
AVCANADA • View forum - Air Canada
Quote: I'm a part 121 pilot here in the United States and just completed my conversion for my TC ATPL. Any thoughts about working for Air Canada? Are they still hiring and if so what does the future look like for the airline and its employee's?

Thanks
I came from a US carrier as well, after doing the FAA/TC conversion. You also need the legal right to work in Canada, (landed immigrant or dual citizen).

AC is a great place to work, they recently started hiring again, but not sure how long it will last. A few unknowns...price of Jet A, general health of the economy, contract negotiations and fly-past 60 currently still unresolved.

Positive factors: Canadian economy in much better shape than the States.
Also, 37 Dreamliners/787s scheduled to show up on the property in late 2013...

I encourage you to apply and see what happens..

"It's better to be prepared for an opportunity, and not have one, then to have an opportunity, and not be prepared."
Just out of curiosity how do you obtain "landed immigrant" status in Canada? Do you give up your U.S. residency?
Quote: Just out of curiosity how do you obtain "landed immigrant" status in Canada? Do you give up your U.S. residency?

It's all here:

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Quote: Also, 37 Dreamliners/787s scheduled to show up on the property in late 2013...
Good one...
Quote: It's all here:

Welcome to Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Thank you very much!
FifthElement, are you originally from the US? Are there many foreigners at Air Canada? It seems like a nice place to work, and I sure wouldn't mind living in YVR
What kind of time is air canada hiring at?
Quote: What kind of time is air canada hiring at?

Most applicants significantly exceed the published minimums....here's an excerpt from the AC website:

aircanada.com - About Air Canada - Pilots

Job Requirements

To fly for Air Canada, pilots must meet certain basic requirements:
  • 1000 hours of fixed wing flying time
  • Completion of schooling to the university entrance level. Ability to pass the Air Canada and Transport Canada medical and visual acuity requirements for a Category 1 medical certificate.
  • Canadian Commercial Pilot licence, current Instrument Rating and Multi-Engine endorsement.
  • Canadian citizenship or landed immigrant status.
Pilot applications far exceed job vacancies, so preference is given to candidates with qualifications beyond the basic requirements. Examples of desirable additional qualifications include, but are not limited to:
  • Canadian Airline Transport Pilot licence
  • University degree or college diploma
  • Aviation College diploma
  • Military or commercial flight experience
  • Jet and/or glass cockpit experience
  • Additional language(s)
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to