Virgin @ ORD- the UAL California wars begin

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Passenger entertainment and "cool factor" - United can't touch that.
Virgin will attract point to point traffic - connections don't matter.
The United passenger experience - people have memories.

Of course that's just me, and I'm bitter
Those items are great for the occasional traveler. However, people who travel more than a couple times a decade are hooked on the frequent flier programs.

The high profit passengers (MVP Golds) don't give a hoot about the "cool factor" be it TVs or F/As whose blouses don't close all the way. All they care about it mileage, Mileage, MILEAGE to lock in their status for the next couple years.

Point to Point traffic? I guess you're missing the fact that United and AA use ORD as megahubs. ORD O/D traffic isn't the key to this particular airport. VX may skim some casual travel passengers, but UA's increased frequency will keep more of them loyal.

We'll see, but VX opened SNA and YYZ with great fanfare but pulled out in less than a year.
Quote:
We'll see, but VX opened SNA and YYZ with great fanfare but pulled out in less than a year.

Fish - Still waiting for you to tell me how that Alaska Airlines service to YYZ is going, or Boise, or Calgary, or Reno, or Cancun or the much hyped service to Russia...

D'oh!
If just the people I have personally heard say "I will never fly on anyone else" fly Virgin between ORD and the West Coast, we will have no trouble filling our 5 flights a day.
You scared them so bad they'll never fly again? wow...
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to