Laser beam incidents on the rise

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 17
Go to
Looks like a recent incident in Louisville, KY.

Incidents Of Lasers Pointed At Planes Increasing, FAA Says - News Archives Story - WLKY Louisville

USMCFLYR
Law of Unintended Consequemces.

Ocean City to ban sale of laser pointers after incident involving U.S. Coast Guard helicopter - pressofAtlanticCity.com:

I'm disappointed in the measely $1,000 fine when the new law says that $11,000 penalties can be assessed!

USMCFLYR
More incidents in the LA area.

Police make third laser arrest - Burbank Leader

USMCFLYR
Recent incident that actually resulted in a minor injury!

Lasers-at-planes incidents grow; latest victim is JetBlue pilot - latimes.com

USMCFLYR
Laser incidents continue to be on the rise.

Lasers Strike Planes Trying to Land at GSP | WSPA

USMCFLYR
Over the past year we've had a number of people at KCRG complain about it. ATC never seems to care too much though
Quote: Over the past year we've had a number of people at KCRG complain about it. ATC never seems to care too much though
With the emphasis that the FAA has put on the incidents, I promise you that ATC cares. It is as easy as filling out a web based form for the pilot/crew too.

USMCFLYR
Quote: Over the past year we've had a number of people at KCRG complain about it. ATC never seems to care too much though
I got lasered on approach to CRG a month or so ago. ATC had me call and give them a report when we landed. Looked up the exact house on google maps and gave it to them. Never heard anything futher though. I don't understand why people are still doing this..
For anyone needing the links / info about reporting laser incidents:

Laser Incident Information and Reporting

If you are a…
Pilot or air crew member who experienced a laser incident
Do this…
Contact the appropriate Air Traffic Control (ATC) facility as soon as possible following the incident. For guidance, see AC 70-2, Reporting of Laser Illumination of Aircraft (PDF).

After landing, please complete the Laser Beam Exposure Questionnaire (PDF) and fax it to the Washington Operations Control Center at 202-267-5289.
http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/safety/r...ser_report.pdf

Air Traffic Control (ATC) member who received an incident report from pilot or air crew member Submit incident information to the Domestic Events Network (DEN). For guidance, see AC 70-2, Reporting of Laser Illumination of Aircraft (PDF)

Member of the public who witnessed a laser incident Send email to [email protected] and include the following information:
Your name and contact information
Date and time you witnessed the incident
Location and description of the incident
After your email is received, FAA staff or the appropriate law enforcement organization will contact you to follow up.

USMCFLYR
SDB's with beam-riding seekers?
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 17
Go to