FedEx new direct service to Columbia

Subscribe
I bet his is going to the 777....in my dreams.

FedEx launches direct service to Colombia

31/05/2011 7:16 pm

FedEx Express has commenced direct service to Colombia and will create more than 200 jobs in the country over the next two years. The company has been providing service to Colombians since 1993, but has only worked through a dedicated provider; FedEx will now oversee all aspects of shipping to the Latin American country.
According to a company press release, the expanded offering was due to "market demands." These new services will enhance delivery, operations and customer service.
“Colombia has shown steady economic growth over the past five years," Juan Cento, the president of FedEx Express' Latin America and Caribbean division, said in a statement. "We are eager to meet the demands of the business community by expanding our international operations here."
FedEx's move into Colombia mirrors the company's expansion into Costa Rica, Panama and other Latin American destinations. First, the integrator relies on its global service participants for service. When demand increases, FedEx establishes offices in the country and begins direct services.
Tapping into expected growth is a large part of FedEx's new strategy in the country. Boeing has tapped Latin America as a hotspot for increased air cargo activity, and the Colombian Central Bank recently estimated the economy could grow by 5.5 percent in 2011.
I think by "direct" they mean we, FDX employees, will be delivering and picking up the packages. Rather, than using a third party. FDX has been flying there for years. First, in the 727 and now in the Bus.
delete delete
Have fun, it's an interesting place to fly into and out of.
Many months ago, the rumor was direct service from MIA.
I didn't think people liked to fly there just for the good coffee!
not a purple guy but been to that country MANY times. Trust me, you willl like it. Make sure you hit Parque Noventa Tres (93) on a Thur to Sat night, lots of restaurants, pubs, etc with plenty of scenery....
The country's name is Colombia. Unless we're talking about a city, or a river.