Aviation Schools

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
I think now that it might not be a bad idea to get a degree in finance or business, and then fly on the side for ratings. It isn't a bad idea to have something to fall back on rather than just an aviation education.
Quote: Well I don't really plan on going to Riddle... I was just using it as an example. I am mainly looking at UND. If there were enough instructors would that be possible?
no, riddle is just focused on getting their students through the program. pretty sure you have to be a riddle student to fly at riddle.
I know I have to be a student at one of these schools to fly. I want to fly and get a degree from the school. A degree in something OTHER THAN aviation.
UND is an awesome school. I did my ROTC training there and had a few guys that were in Math / Science at UND. They enjoyed the college lifestyle up there in the frozen north..

-LAFF
Eastern Michigan University has what you are looking for. You will go to school at EMU, and fly out of YIP.

You will pay MUCH higher rates for the aviation side of it. IE, it will cost a person roughly $5-6K for a PPL....At EMU going through 'their' version of a PPL class will cost about $10-12K.
Josh,

PM me with your email or phone number- I'd be happy to talk about UND as well as some of your other options with you. I graduated from UND in 2000, still stay connected to the school as a member of the Aviation Alumni Advisory Board, and used to work for the Aerospace Dean when I was a student.

~J
hey have any of you heard of the U of Alaska aviation program, in comparison with any of the other top notch (and top dollar) schools? itd be nice to know if what im doing will have any extra sway when im out in 'the real world'
Quote: I was wondering if it is possible to go to a school such as UND, or Embry Riddle and go through flight training with these schools and not get a degree in aviation. If anyone has done this please fill me in with the details.. Thank you
That's a good choice. Unless you're going Aeronautical engineering or something an aviation degree doesn't have much weight. If I could have done it over again I would majored in business. My degree has never been a deciding factor in any job I've done. The school helped, but not the degree.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to