Air Cargo Carriers

Subscribe
Does anyone know anything about Air Cargo Carriers? Is commuting an option? I saw they have jumpseat agreements with different airlines. Any useful information would be great! Thanks.
You might consider using the search function, as there have been several threads about them recently.

The last I heard, they are no longer doing "pay for training". I dont know about the feasibility of commuting, however.
I fly ACC... all of our charter pilots commute. Scheduled runs are half and half.... commuting *IS* possible but is not fun.... if you live a great distance from your base you will have to jumpseat, which means that after 12 hours of night cargo you get to jumpseat when you are quite tired. Also consider jumpseating: a one leg trip just takes a few hours, but if you are connecting via the usual hubs (CLT, DTW, MEM, ATL, etc) you will spend all morning and afternoon getting home on a saturday, then all sunday night or monday getting to work, and then WORKING. A better deal is getting a base within a reasonable drive of home if you are lucky.
Thanks for the info. I have heard RDU is a base. Is that true? If so, what is they likelihood of getting Raleigh?
No RDU base.. our closest bases to that are GSP and MYR.... GSP is pretty senior (~80 hours/month), but MYR is easy to get (maybe 40hrs/month or so) and we have 2 planes in MYR. We also have bases in CRW and BKW, they both average about 60 hrs/month.
What are the bases that average 80 hrs/month? I saw your pay scale and am guessing that is what it is based on. What are the yearly increases? Thanks.