AA International Jumpseat

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Just a question from a small domestic operator - Is the international jumpseat on American restricted to cabin space only?
As far as I know, there aren't many airlines that can jumpseat international on American.
American has a separate international jumpseat list that generally only includes the legacy airlines and Southwest.

They'll come ride international in your jumpseat, but they won't reciprocate unless you're on their special list.
Quote: American has a separate international jumpseat list that generally only includes the legacy airlines and Southwest.

They'll come ride international in your jumpseat, but they won't reciprocate unless you're on their special list.
Exactly. Worst airline ever to non-rev on.
Quote: Exactly. Worst airline ever to non-rev on.
I agree. always been this way. years ago (still?) notorious "gatekeepers" (gate agents) purposely would prevent access to Captain
Quote: Exactly. Worst airline ever to non-rev on.
I hate non-revving with American. They take years to pick up the phone at the "mandatory" non-revving hotline. Then you are "required" to check in at the ticket counter. And if by chance you are short on time and you go directly to the gate, there will be stupid questions about their proprietary system for labeling non-revs e.g. "Are you a D-2, D-6, or D-7?" (assuming the "gatekeeper" does more than grunt in your general direction).

In the interest of full disclosure; I'm just about to board a beautiful Canyon Blue jet to go home because American, although closer to my home and leaving earlier, is too much of a hassle at 0500.
Quote: I hate non-revving with American. They take years to pick up the phone at the "mandatory" non-revving hotline. Then you are "required" to check in at the ticket counter. And if by chance you are short on time and you go directly to the gate, there will be stupid questions about their proprietary system for labeling non-revs e.g. "Are you a D-2, D-6, or D-7?" (assuming the "gatekeeper" does more than grunt in your general direction).

In the interest of full disclosure; I'm just about to board a beautiful Canyon Blue jet to go home because American, although closer to my home and leaving earlier, is too much of a hassle at 0500.
So true !

I remember in my prior life, while non-revving on AA, the gatekeepers would seemingly purposely type on their terminals and look at your, say "argh", then type some more, look back at you, say "argh", and this would go on for 10 minutes. Finally I obtained my category and even the proper keystroke from a AA employee I was having "liasion" with and would just tell them "Hit XXX then you will see D-8, that is me"
To answer the original question:
All international jump seating, on all airlines, is restricted to cabin only.
Quote: All international jump seating, on all airlines, is restricted to cabin only.
As long as you're leaving the ACMI airlines out of the statement, I'll accept that for now.

And hopefully it won't take a freaking decade for the TSA's latest on that to FINALLY make it's way to each airline that DOESN'T allow cockpit access when JS'ing international.

Edited to add;

If you work for the airline going international, you CAN JS in the cockpit.
Reminder: when jumpseating on American domestically, list online at www.bit.ly/aajumpseat. No need to call the NonRev number anymore.

International CASS is coming, probably within the next year.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to