Public opinion of Pilots

Subscribe
4  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 14 of 14
Go to
I usually do not refer to people as idiots; however, Ed is an idiot. Ed is so full of it. Do not feed into his BS; he is just trying to stir up some crap.
Quote: And that is due to what? Someone here seeing CallmeEd on an application and telling their buddy in the HR department that evil Dr Ed owns an airplane? That he drives a nice car? I don't think so. Any individual looking at my resume would jump at the chance to bring me on board. Where else can you get a physician and a pilot for the same money? How many onboard medical emergencies could be alleviated with a captain that also happens to be a physician? Persona - you got me!
Ed,

That is why I love being an air ambualnce pilot: giving CPR while I fly an ILS to mins is a blast! Just watch out, I admit it took me 50 hours or so to pull it off.
Quote: And that is due to what? Someone here seeing CallmeEd on an application and telling their buddy in the HR department that evil Dr Ed owns an airplane? That he drives a nice car? I don't think so. Any individual looking at my resume would jump at the chance to bring me on board. Where else can you get a physician and a pilot for the same money? How many onboard medical emergencies could be alleviated with a captain that also happens to be a physician? Persona - you got me!
The resume is just one small part of the process, Ed, otherwise they wouldn't conduct interviews. Some airlines actually post the names of potential hires and look for comments from the field to gauge the "whole person" as opposed to the most technically proficient.

There have been numerous pilots that had excellent qualifications on paper that have proven to be CRM nightmares. Some have even been major contributors to aviation mishaps because thier attitudes have shut down cockpit communication resulting in a missed piece of information that would have helped a crew recover from an emergency situation.

Save the "peacock" routine for friends and family. Ego has no place on the flight deck.

Dave
4  10  11  12  13  14 
Page 14 of 14
Go to