SkyWest PHX base Jan. 1

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Official announcement today. SkyWest PHX base effective 1/1/12 -- 45 crews to start.
Quote: Official announcement today. SkyWest PHX base effective 1/1/12 -- 45 crews to start.
i bet the Mesa guys are thrilled...more furloughs?
Thanks for the intel. Sounds like that might generate a little movement around the bases. Any idea when the first bid will be?
Quote: i bet the Mesa guys are thrilled...more furloughs?
I don't know about the Mesa guys, but the hundreds of LAMA guys at SkyWest sure will be happy to end their commutes.
Bid closes sep 8th. Flying starts Jan. My guess is not as popular as SEA/PDX.. We already have a TUS base so im sure some of those guys will jump on it.. TUS does'nt have the best trips... ( not being a hub ).. They said they wont force people there, fill open slots with upgrades and newhires.
[moderator edit: remove quotes]

[moderator edit: remove flamebait]

While I will enjoy living in domicile again, I have a dear friend across town who's job I will likely end up taking through this deal. I'm definitely not happy about that. Every gain seems to be someone's loss in this part of the business. I count myself as fortunate for now and know full well that I will likely face a similar fate at some point over my 20-30 years in this career.[moderator edit: remove flamebait]
[moderator edit: delete quote and response to quote]

I think it's important that we at SkyWest understand that no one in this biz has it good forever and that we should definitely not get big headed about anything. There's really only a handful of things that I enjoy here than I think we're not seeing at other carriers. Beyond that, growth seems to be the best thing going for us at the moment.
anybody that thinks they have it "made" at their airline and that things will be great forever should look at NetJets in 2007 and then look at them since 2010. It will humble even the most stubborn, including myself. I got the pinkslip in 2010 and still wonder how that companys "death spiral" happened.
We can all thank the top brass for our hard luck.

[moderator edit: remove flamebait]
EMB pilots cannot transition until after current RJ pilots have been awarded and then only if there are vacancies. This includes EMB pilots senior to junior RJ pilots. Skywest is bypassing seniority AGAIN and violating our "contract".
Quote: EMB pilots cannot transition until after current RJ pilots have been awarded and then only if there are vacancies. This includes EMB pilots senior to junior RJ pilots. Skywest is bypassing seniority AGAIN and violating our "contract".
Yup, that's bs. Although I'd be willing to bet that if someone want to go to court over it they'd have a shot as it's pretty clearly laid out in the cpm.

It sucks now, but I *really* feel for the SEA and PDX EMB guys who got screwed.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to