JB Lines

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
How do they determine who goes to what type before class begins? Also, which type has better lines? And if you want FLL eventually, would you be better off in 190 or 320 (as of now... I realize things constantly change)?

Thanks in advance!
Quote: How do they determine who goes to what type before class begins? Also, which type has better lines? And if you want FLL eventually, would you be better off in 190 or 320 (as of now... I realize things constantly change)?

Thanks in advance!
I got to tell ya, If you don't know the answer to "AND IF YOU WANT FLL EVENTUALLY, WOULD YOU BE BETTER OFF IN 190 OR 320" then you might want to learn alot more about Jetblue before you interview.
FLL was supposed to FL, but in either case... airlines always opening and closing bases from what I gather. That's why I said I realize things are constantly changing.
You will not know your equipment until the first day of class. They will tell you what they need and you will pick what you want.

....here's the catch. It is in seniority order from the oldest to the youngest. They could only have E190 JFK one class and only A320 JFK the next class or any combination of equipment and bases. Your equipment will depend entirely on what the company needs at that time as well as what your seniority can hold.

Most companies operate this way or close to it.
FLL = 320 only, at least a year before you can hold it
MCO = 320 and 190, but dont count on getting MCO anytime soon
BOS E190= probably the fastest way to hold a line (4-6 months roughly)
JFK A320= second fastest way to hold a like (6-8 months roughly)

Butttt..... who knows what things will look like in the future
Quote: FLL was supposed to FL, but in either case... airlines always opening and closing bases from what I gather. That's why I said I realize things are constantly changing.
Well seeing how you meant FL my bad. You can get there in either airplane. My guess would be the 190 would be faster, of couse things are constantly changing. Good luck.
[/QUOTE]

I got to tell ya, If you don't know the answer to "AND IF YOU WANT FLL EVENTUALLY, WOULD YOU BE BETTER OFF IN 190 OR 320" then you might want to learn alot more about Jetblue before you interview.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why they're on this forum asking questions. Thanks for the help.... NOT.
Quote: Well seeing how you meant FL my bad. You can get there in either airplane. My guess would be the 190 would be faster, of couse things are constantly changing. Good luck.
190 in MCO is shrinking by 4 crews per the last sys. bid. Thats slightly less than 10%. 320 MCO still goes senior. If I were a betting man, I'd shoot for 320 FLL if you want to just get to FL.
Thanks for all the answers! And yes, that's why I'm on here- to seek answers. Exactly the info I was searching for. I don't even have an interview but just good to know stuff before the possibility.
Thank you all for the useful East Coast base information.
Would it be silly to even ask about LGB?
I would assume it is the most senior base.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to