FDX - How can we help?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Are there any provisions for crewmembers to donate sick leave or vacation time to a fellow crewmember? I'm sure you have read the recent FCIF about one of our MD-11 F/O's loss of his son; he is a good friend and I'd like to help him out, but I'm on the Airbus so PDO bump is not an option, atleast not by me... Thanks very much.
In a previous life at a previous airline, ANY crewmember in any seat position at any domicile could donate a trip (into a bank system) for any other crewmember in need.

I've recommended this to my block reps and negotiating committee without success. It's a NO COST item for the company, it would seem like it should be easy to negotiate for? So far, no luck??

YMMV ... Mark
Quote: Are there any provisions for crewmembers to donate sick leave or vacation time to a fellow crewmember? I'm sure you have read the recent FCIF about one of our MD-11 F/O's loss of his son; he is a good friend and I'd like to help him out, but I'm on the Airbus so PDO bump is not an option, atleast not by me... Thanks very much.

Herk, it's really nice to see someone post something to help one of our brothers. Thanks for doing that. PDO bumps would certainly help him. I will also extend my help. If there is more info that might help, please PM me. Cheers.
We have a lot folks on the MD...can we start a thread/get a sticky to bump his trips for him? I'd do it if I was on the MD...

Let's avoid letting this thread become a "our contract sucks" discussion. Let's figure out how to take care of our fellow crewmember.

Here's his next trip: https://pilot.fedex.com/vips-bin/vip...1?26SEP11?????

All you have to do is go here: https://pilot.fedex.com/vips-bin/vipscgi?webpd1

Enter his employee number and his trip and he is taken care of.

Double DH...This is a great opportunity to help out one of our own. Please pass this on to your non-APC friends!
This is great idea guys. I cannot imagine what that must be like to go through. Thanks Matty for posting that link.
Quote: We have a lot folks on the MD...can we start a thread/get a sticky to bump his trips for him? I'd do it if I was on the MD...

Let's avoid letting this thread become a "our contract sucks" discussion. Let's figure out how to take care of our fellow crewmember.

Here's his next trip: https://pilot.fedex.com/vips-bin/vip...1?26SEP11?????

All you have to do is go here: https://pilot.fedex.com/vips-bin/vipscgi?webpd1

Enter his employee number and his trip and he is taken care of.

Double DH...This is a great opportunity to help out one of our own. Please pass this on to your non-APC friends!
Matty (and all others) -

Thank you so much for the help with this! I didn't know if a MEM based MD F/O can bump an LA based crewmember, but if we can get the word out I'm hoping that somebody will respond. This is not about anything more than trying to help out a friend and his family during a very difficult time. If you can think of any other avenues to get the word out about this trip, please let me know or possibly help me get the ball rolling. Do you think the union would draft an email to the crewforce if I called them tomorrow?

On a personal note, I've known this pilot for 20+ years. He's a great husband and father and just an all around great guy. Whatever "relief" a PDO bump would give him, I know he could really use something good in his life right now and he would be eternally grateful for the gesture. Thanks again guys; you make me very proud!

HerkDriver
Not that anyone looks at the ALPA trip trade web page (the old pilotswap.net), but something could be posted there, too.
Quote: Not that anyone looks at the ALPA trip trade web page (the old pilotswap.net), but something could be posted there, too.
Thanks for the suggestion; I'll throw something on there. Called the union office but not return call yet... Does anybody know if a MEM based MD pilot can bump an LA based pilot, or are their trips treated as separate pools of trips?
Quote: Thanks for the suggestion; I'll throw something on there. Called the union office but not return call yet... Does anybody know if a MEM based MD pilot can bump an LA based pilot, or are their trips treated as separate pools of trips?
You can not.
Quote: You can not.
Thanks for the info.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to