Vacation destination question for 757 pilots

Subscribe
This may not be all that appropriate for the merger section, but have an upcoming vacation within a couple of months and hoping some of 756 pilots can give me an idea about the area or anyone who has taken a vacation there.

Interested in visiting Shannon, Ireland. I know the CAL crew hotel from the hotel guide which looks reasonable in rates online before I even contact them about the crew rate. However, since it is in Limerick, I'm wondering:

-what sites there are to see,
-how easy is it to get around with or without transportation to these sites (i.e. walkable?),
-recommendations for a three-day visit (the day I arrive, plus two more full days there leaving on the fourth day)
-food recommendations (excluding anything with a focus on beer...sorry but not a beer drinker...sacrilege I know, but then again I fly with pilots who don't drink coffee and I look at them like they are from another world)
-anyone know the departure tax off hand

I've started to do a bit of preliminary research on the area with a general overview. Some Irish blood in the family so wouldn't mind checking out that part of my heritage for a few days. It doesn't look as convenient as other European cities I have been too in that it doesn't appear to be a rail link between the airport and "downtown" like AMS, CDG, LHR, etc.

Thanks for any help or information you can provide either via this thread or via a private message. Would be greatly appreciated. Once again, sorry if anyone is bothered that I posted this thread here.