Dynamic Aviation Gouge

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Searching
Question Dynamic Aviation Gouge

Gentlemen and Ladies,

I am looking for some interview gouge for Dynamic. I was hoping to learn about the sim profile and a little about the interview.

A few months back I read the illustrious L3/Dynamic thread that "had it all" but it is now MIA. I wrote the admin in hopes of getting it back but I am a short notice interview and will be there next week.

I can update the gauge next week but if there is anyone with something to add now it would really help and I would appreciate it.

Dan
Old 09-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

There isnt much of a gouge for this one. The interview is very straightforward and mainly HR stuff. The sim is a PCATD. You are not expected to know power settings or emergency procedures, they just want to see your IFR knowledge. Very straight forward. ODB, Airway intercept, tracking, Full ILS to a missed. Very short... It is everything that they tell you in the email... Good Luck
Old 10-02-2011, 02:01 PM
On Reserve

Yeah the letter did not say much other than I don't have to know power settings or EPs. I pre-mission plan everything I do in a plane and don't like the idea of here is an approach plate at an unfamiliar airport and a completely new instrument stack........go.

Do you know what airport the profile flies into or out of?

Thanks,
Dan
Old 10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008

They are very nice during the Eval. They have multiple scenarios so I dont know what you will get. They sit you down explain everything you will do on the flight, familiarize you with the sim, and give you as much time as you need to brief plates, routes, etc.. I would honestly not worry about it. Out of all the sim evals that I have had to do it was by far the most relaxing. They do not expect perfection they just want to see that you know your IFR procedures as far as following ODP's, clearances, etc.. If you have access to a PCATD I would recommend it. The hardest thing about it is the sensitivity of the thing. It is a fairly short profile, so it is rather fast paced. It is all NACO charts, and you will most likely have 1 full approach and missed rather than vectors to final. Good luck!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 PM
On Reserve

Thanks for the words. I am about to hit MS Flight Simulator for some bonanza time. I haven't touched this sim/game for over a decade.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: F.O. Dash 8

I've been looking everywhere for something about the interview at Dynamic. This seems pretty straight forward. I have an interview in 3 weeks with them for the ISR Dash 8 position. Anything particular in the HR portion?
Old 08-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Now flying the lite twin.

Dash how long ago did you apply at Dynamic? I did the online app last week. I have a lot of Dash-8 time and multiple turboprop type ratings just not one in the Dash-8, I also have 2 internal letter of recs. I was just wondering what the time line is like on them contacting someone for an interview.

Thanks for any info..
Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Mar 2011

E-mail!! I applied and e-mailed a recruiter and was contacted that day.