Got the call from Colgan

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 22 of 25
Go to
Quote: Any chance to decline the Q if offered and take a Saab? Not sure how it works...
A guy in my class did. Sure it wouldnt be hard to convince a JR guy to swap.
My Colgan interview info for 21 Dec, fyi:

Flying United/ExpressJet, actually have a seat booked!!
They are putting us up at the Holiday Inn Express MSP for the night.
Quote: Any chance to decline the Q if offered and take a Saab? Not sure how it works...
Again, I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm pretty sure someone from the NOV 10th class said they wanted the saab, but they just took the eldest half of the class and assigned them to the Q. It doesn't really make contractual sense, but there's probably part of the story that I didn't get; or I could have just heard wrong...
You're getting way ahead of yourself here. Just worry about what is in front of you. You don't have any control over this so don't worry about it. The aircraft will be assigned to you sometime before you start class. You might be able to change it, and you might not if you don't like the assignment.

Right now you need to be worried about getting through the interview and getting the offer first, if you don't get the offer this question is pretty irrelevant.

Good luck at your interview.
Quote: Do you guys know if the Jan class is full? I am "in the pool" and was told by Colgan they were thinking "Feb, maybe January". It's been 2 weeks since I got the call and offer email. I am sure it takes a little while to do the FBI checks and PRIA. I am trying to plan my holidays (maybe the last one I get off for a while). I don't want to call Colgan and be a pest. Just curious how much notice they give you for a class?
I didn't get my call for class until 2 weeks before it started. Right now things are pretty busy with all the hiring going on.
How many pilots are they projecting to hire?
for all those interested: the January 3rd class has 6 new hires in it. All are listed as Houston SF3 FO's.
Quote: My Colgan interview info for 21 Dec, fyi:

Flying United/ExpressJet, actually have a seat booked!!
They are putting us up at the Holiday Inn Express MSP for the night.
How'd the interview go?
Tomorrows class still on?
Quote: Tomorrows class still on?
Yep. I am all checked in. Very nice accommodations. Should be pretty comfy TDY.
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 22 of 25
Go to