Looking for some VFR 135 operations.

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
I'm looking for some VFR FAR Part 135 operations. I'm currently finishing my Bachelor's at UVSC and would like to build some time and real world flight experience, but only meet the VFR flight time requirements at this time. Anyone know of any VFR 135 jobs. Thanks for the help, I live near Atlanta, Georgia, but will consider other areas as well.
Usually the only VFR 135 jobs are for air tours. I don't think Atlanta's a particular hot spot for sight seing.
Vfr 135
May want to look down in and around florida. They have a lot of air tour and air taxi operators that operate in and out of the islands down there VFR only.
Grand Canyon flying, plenty of operators.
Air Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon Airlines
Westwind Air Service
King Airlines
Sedona Skytreks

All 135 air tour companies that hire regulary.
Air Cargo Carriers needs low time guys for 135 since they are 2 pilot aircraft. You can also build time fast and upgrade within a year.

Hiring seems slow right now though.... I interviewed there in june with 680/50 sucessfully but wasnt offered a class until september....I have since chosen another path but it seems like a good place to get multi/turbine time...

FWIW. Good luck.
Always looking for pilots in Western Alaska. Get on with Hageland is my best advice. 2 weeks on 2 off, jumpseat bennies on Alaska Air, others too I suppose, so you can get back down to the lesser 48 on your time off. Not so wonderful to be starting this time of year though. You'll get hair where there wasn't any though. Dang fun.
A guy I work with talks fondly of the time when he used to fly banner and tow planes around Florida. Something to think about.
I flew in SouthEast Alaska. there are numerous 135 day VFR jobs starting in the spring. LAB, Skagway Air Service, Wings of Alaska, Air Excusions are the main companies in the Juneau area.

I loved it, other than the freaking rain, 35 to 50 knot crosswinds and the 500 foot ceilings. I will return again most likely this summer. I'm sure AKFreighter has some stories to tell.
Grand Canyon has tons of fairly good jobs. Alaska has a bunch of flying and Hawaii has a fair amount, also. All three have positives and negatives; apply to all of them and then see who bites. Then make a decision from there.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to