Solo in 30hrs, PPL in 55hrs

Subscribe
as title says, my friend soloed on his 30hrs and got his ppl in 55 hrs, right now he is working on his multi-engine rating and commercial license.
right now he got 180 flying hours with instrument rating single engine and multi engines. He will return back to taiwan for cadet program, would the airline still consider him since he solo on his 30hrs, which most people did it in 15-20 hrs.
Not sure it could go either way . I forget if the requirement is 25 or 30. I have to check the Fars. Nope requirement is 25 he is screwed
Quote: Not sure it could go either way . I forget if the requirement is 25 or 30. I have to check the Fars. Nope requirement is 25 he is screwed

sounds like his hope to become an airline pilot are gone.
Quote: sounds like his hope to become an airline pilot are gone.
I wouldn't take the previous poster's comment to seriously. The obvious language barrier and lack of inflection that is internet messageboards all indicate you missed that it is drenched in sarcasm. There are no FARs on what the required number of hours to solo are and that it determines the rest of your future. There are so many factors that go into determining when a pilot is ready to solo that it's just a number when it happens. He should be more concerned with getting quality instruction and a variety of experience to give them confidence in their skills. High density airspace, IMC, night, etc those are things that will make you better the rest are just numbers.

If it helps I had a former student that is just now completing a 9 month cadet program in Taiwan. He soloed at around 45hrs and PVT around 75hrs. Some people it just takes a little longer especially for that first license combined with language barriers, culture shock, etc. It certainly never held him back.
It's likely that no airline will ever ask, know, or care.
he tried to get all his ratings here in the u.s before going back to taiwan... and looking to finish about 210-230hours if he can since training is so expensive. he was concern when people mention about the solo hours, could cause him a chance with cadet program. beside taiwan base airlines, he is also looking into emirates program and cathay cadet.