Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Hangar Talk
Climategate--The Final Chapter >

Climategate--The Final Chapter

Search
Notices
Hangar Talk For non-aviation-related discussion and aviation threads that don't belong elsewhere

Climategate--The Final Chapter

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 AM
Retired

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: whale wrangler

I wonder how loud these clown car owners will scream ?
States look to tax hybrid and electric car owners to recoup road funding | Fox News

Ally
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

An ancient city thought lost is exhumed from the depths of the ocean

The lost city of Heracleion | Atlas Obscura

Well it looks like those carbon emitting ancient Egyptians didn't heed the Global warming warnings and they paid the price.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Originally Posted by Zoot Suit View Post
An ancient city thought lost is exhumed from the depths of the ocean

The lost city of Heracleion | Atlas Obscura

Well it looks like those carbon emitting ancient Egyptians didn't heed the Global warming warnings and they paid the price.
Bravo. hahahaha .. bravo!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Obama?s global-warming claims demolished
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Default I love this

CARBON DIOXIDE SOURCE
Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From?
Professor Ian Plimer could not have said it better!
If you've read his book you will agree, this is a good summary.

PLIMER: "Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland . Since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course, you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life. I know....it's very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kids "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of abroad, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your 50 cent light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs.....well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes, FOUR DAYS - by that volcano in Iceland has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud at any one time - EVERY DAY.

I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth.

Yes, folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over One year - think about it.

Of course, I shouldn't spoil this 'touchy-feely tree-hugging' moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keeps happening despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.
And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud, but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you, on the basis of the bogus 'human-caused' climate-change scenario.
Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention '
Global Warming'
Anymore, but just 'Climate Change'- you know why?
It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees
in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And, just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer.
It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.
But, hey, relax......give the world a hug and have a nice day!"

Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: electron wrangler
Default Re: Climategate--The Final Chapter

You guys are becoming more and more shrill while you marginalize yourselves right out
of the conversation with the flat earthers, those who believed Copernicus was insane and cigarette smoking could not be linked to lung cancer.

A 4°C world will pose unprecedented challenges to humanity.
http://climatechange.worldbank.org/s...be_avoided.pdf
Old 07-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by N2264J View Post
You guys are becoming more and more shrill while you marginalize yourselves right out
of the conversation with the flat earthers, those who believed Copernicus was insane and cigarette smoking could not be linked to lung cancer.

Nothing "shrill" about the calm, factual statement that Pinatubo undid any efforts the current group of earth huggers might make to save the world times about a million.

I do sense a little uptick in the shrill factor by posting a .pdf that discusses 4 degree change when real scientists are measuring earth temp fluctuations in fractions of degrees (not to mention evoking flat earth, Copernicus and cigarette naysayers).
Old 07-03-2013, 07:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Of all the things I am going to worry about in life and that I actually have control over, climategate - global warming yada yada....is not one of them!!!

You can call me Mr. Marginalized if you wish. I have been called much worse in life.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Libertarian Resistance

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 757 FO

Originally Posted by N2264J View Post

"[I]t turns out there really is a Flat Earth Society, which really believes the Earth is flat. Its president, Daniel Shenton, has clarified that although the organization has no official stance, he does accept that man-made climate change is real."

Flat Earth Society exists, president Daniel Shenton believes in climate change

I'll check the UFO abductee sites to see if they endorse your position as well.

Happy 4th.

WW
Old 07-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Default World Metro

http://library.wmo.int/pmb_ged/wmo_1119_en.pdf