North Korea Claims Nuclear Test

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapc...est/index.html

Not so good. Any thoughts?
Shoulda' stayed out of Iraq so we could deal with this.
Test all you want....

Ours already work.
don't think we need to be going back to korea, or atleast i hope we don't have to. Currently, i don't think we have the man-power to be fighting wars in three countries, especially if N. Koreas allies step in...atleast the cold war has lost much of its tension and russia has removed itself from that conflict...just gotta worry about china.
I really hope that China takes an active role in at least slowing North Korea down. I hope that this becomes a world issue stopping them, not a United States issue.
What I'm worried about is the possibility of North Korea getting away with this. If this happens this will give Iran an even more incentive to continue their nuclear program, and encourage other countries like Japan and South Korea to start developing programs. Next thing we know we have 20 nuclear powers because each one claims it's the best deterrence.
It's in China's best interests to deter a neighboring rogue nation from acquiring nuclear weapons with offensive capabilities.
South Korea and Japan would likely not escalate the matter by pursuing their own programs; their MNNA (Major Non-NATO Ally) status with the US is enough of a deterrant.
Hopefully, even a nuclear attack on a MNNA wouldn't elicit a nuclear response from the US. In North Korea's case, it's just not necessary. . . using the entirety of our conventional air arsenal is a better alternative in my opinion. The idea of escalating a nuclear exchange (especially in such close proximity to two non-allied nuclear powers) is horrifying.
Someone needs to call........TEAM AMERICA!!!!!!
...FU*K YEAH!!! ;-d
here is an interesting read. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...395977,00.html
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to