AMR opens for trading 77% lower

Subscribe
AMR: Summary for AMR Corporation Common Stock- Yahoo! Finance

FYI: below $1 trading for extending time (30+ days) can result in NYSE delisting
LOL.. I think it's headed for de-listing well before 30 days. Right now the short sellers are covering.. After that dust settles.. the stock isn't even low grade toilet paper.
Same thing happened to Frontier's stock following bankruptcy, and the subsequent acquisition by Republic.
they just became 77% cheaper for takeover and buy-out
Sold my stock 6 weeks ago after talking to an AA FO. He obiviously saw this coming. I talked to an AA capt 2 days later (after I sold the stock) he thought this would never happen. I was wondering if I had made the wrong decision and should have stuck it out. I guess I was right to listen to the FO.
I was on APC a few months ago talking stock with some of the guys here... talking about how they put a bunch of money in AMR hoping it would pop following bankruptcy denials and all that jazz... chilling to think how much money a lot of people just lost overnight on Tuesday...
Quote: they just became 77% cheaper for takeover and buy-out
eh not really... just because the stock price is less doesnt erase that debt.... yet.